Is it just me or has there been more salty comments recently?

Dex-chan lover
I've been seeing more and more petty comments complaining about stuffs like the pacing is too slow or they absolutely hate a character even though their personality has been justified by the author. I mean, they're not wrong for expressing their opinion but neither am I for really hating what they have to say. I find them incredibly annoying.

LOL. Hate/salty comments have existed for a long time so I just usually ignore them since it ruins my reading experience. 😂

But I do especially dislike ones that have nothing to add to the comic. As in, they're all baseless and doesn't even have a good/fair point to point out.

It actually bother you ?

After all this time i'm dwelling in the cyber-space i kinda got immunity for it

Contributor
hatersgonnahate.gif

Come on, people like that only make the reading experience more fun. You get a good laugh after reading a chapter.
At least, that my point of view.

Dex-chan lover
@vinsegas
Come on, people like that only make the reading experience more fun. You get a good laugh after reading a chapter.
took the words right out of my mouth.
This why I don't understand why some people turn off the show all comments option some of those moderated comments are pure gold.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately they're not ridiculous enough to be funny, they're just complains that are easy to argue or disagree with rather than spicy drama seeds. It's just the right amount of salty to be annoying but not enough to be funny. I'd gladly turn on a salty filter if such a thing exists cause those comments are just turn-offs

Double-page supporter
Did you know that for every salty comment there's a sub 5/10 rating? It's crazy...

Haters gotta hate, and with more people reading over the quarantine and mangarock refugees migrating, it just adds up I’d say on my opinion.

Contributor
Clearly, there is only one solution: (no, it's not something ridiculous like 'not reading the comment section' LMAO) /s

xkcd-listen-to-yourself.png

Fed-Kun's army
I LOVE salty comments. There's already so many positive comments in the comment sections of a manga or chapter. Why shouldn't people criticize a work of art? So long as it's more constructive than it is whiny, by all means, criticize things you believe to be worth criticizing. It would only become an echo-chamber if everyone only said nice things. In fact, I encourage you all to criticize the manga you read, especially if you're a fan of that manga. Just be calm and constructive in your criticism.

Dex-chan lover
For me it depends. I tend to speak my mind, much to the chagrin of all you people.

I've definitely have some manga I'll praise, some I'll condemn, and some I defend. Ironically, usually I'm playing defense, but if something dumb happens, I'll criticize it. Which is why I still get shit for finding the ending of Gotoubon the fucking worse, but that's a can worms itself. (And no, it's not because [insert girl] lost.)

Honestly, certain criticisms are kinda overdone or dumb like "beta mc" or "used goods" which I feel are weak arguments themselves because they're more projecting standards onto the characters and not following how they are characterized in the manga. Good forbid you have had sex ONCE with an Ex or you're not exactly confident because you're a confused teenager.

Contributor
@Tamerlane
Which is why I still get shit for finding the ending of Gotoubon the fucking worse, but that's a can worms itself.
Dude, everybody gives everybody else shit for finding the ending of Gotoubun [great/enjoyable/OK/meh/lacking/bad/trash] and for preferring [X/MC] over [Y/MC] or even [Z/MC].
That was, ironically, one of the most enjoyable things about the fandom (and harem romcoms in general): the regular mountains of salt and tears.

b1.png

Users who are viewing this thread