Is it Normal to Raise a Yandere Heroine as a Villainess ?! - Ch. 24 - If It’s Xiao Yang, Anything Is Fine

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

yang:
52c.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Cultivators are a different breed. "Talking to a girl being more intimidating than having the heavens throw lightning at you as punishment for coveting immortality" is such an insane mindset but it's honestly perfect for our closeted cultivator

Dex-chan lover
Cultivators are a different breed. "Talking to a girl being more intimidating than having the heavens throw lightning at you as punishment for coveting immortality" is such an insane mindset but it's honestly perfect for our closeted cultivator

They're just shonen-adjacent.

Most cultivation stories aren't that far off from your usual OP isekai reincarnation/transfer.

Fed-Kun's army
Guess Stardew isn't the only one with transmigration scars - Xianxia turn everyone ruthless

Dex-chan lover
They're just shonen-adjacent.

Most cultivation stories aren't that far off from your usual OP isekai reincarnation/transfer.
You're not wrong!

I'd go further though and argue it's not just shounen-adjacent, but actually the progenitor of thelat type of progression fantasy entirely. Whether we look at Journey to the West of the 16th century (and DBZs direct inspiration) or something as recent as Condor Heroes (1970), xanxia fantasy and specifically daoist cultivation have literally written the book on pretty much every power system and plotline tht came after it.

Every big name shounen (even if they slap a Spanish coat of paint on it like Bleach) can pretty much have 99% of its powers, enemies and character archetypes traced back to the xanxia boom.

Sorry for the rant but I have strong feelings on how underappreciated xanxia and wuxia are when it comes to being the reason shounen looks the way it does today lol. (Don't get me started on how queer women's oppression in countries outside of the imperial core gave birth to the bountiful range of subtextual and "low-key" expressions of love between women, allowing the genres of Baihe/Yuri to evolve beyond traditional romantic storytelling and being richer than their hetero counterparts as a result)

Dex-chan lover
They go over and beyond to censor the kisses, but beheading is fine I guess?
Also the insane amount of flirting is just too fucking good, holyshit!
Thanks for the chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread