Is it okay to purposely snipe a manga to incite drama on this site?

I am asking this out of curiosity. So, the webtoon called The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess recently had a person using no group and posted a chapter purposely to incite a drama.

Not me speculating that they are trying to create a drama but this has been admitted by the translator themselves. Below is the first page of the chapter as they try to excuse their sniping.

u1.jpg

Personally, I do not really care about the drama. I am just frustrated that since they are using no group, I could not block them and make my chapter lists look clean.

At the same time, I am also curious if this behavior is deemed acceptable on the site? In addition, the chapter is done half-assedly so it is obvious they are ONLY doing this for the drama. (P/S: I cannot accept the reason since it is a one-man project, it is excusable to post low quality work. SENDIRI Scans did such a great job working alone even before they collab with /a/.)

So yeah, is it okay or not?

Contributor
sniper-no-sniping.jpg

If a little competition is what it takes to motivate scanlation groups (since, you know, it's not exactly a legitimate job), then so be it.
While drama will not be completely avoidable, at least keep that in the Discord/DMs; leave it out of the actual releases.

Miku best girl
Admin
One of the core features of this site is that we do not police scanlation, and this also includes not policing scanlator conduct.

As long as the release itself doesn't break any site rules, there isn't a problem, even if the behaviour is distasteful.

If a release is too low effort, such that it could arguably cross into trolling territory, that's when we would act.

@holo I see... Thank you for answering. I am just asking because there is a comment saying it is against this site policy. I am unsure about it so I thought why not ask if I don't know.

Here is a question though, is there any way for the staff to make a group for that person so I can block them? If not, then it's okay too. I will just continue pretending it never there whenever I visit the manga. Again, thank you for answering me.

Miku best girl
Admin
Maybe we can add that to the blocking user function...

@holo oh that will be really, really useful!

Recently, I noticed there are a lot of trollers or snipers on this site trying to evade the group block by using no group. I respect the site's decision to not police any scanlation but I will and I believe many other users like me will appreciate it if you guys could let us hide unwanted scanlation on the chapter listing by blocking the user as well.

Supporter
@Nobody-desu
Then they'd just make another account.

As for the main question yeah I honestly believe it's okay to snipe even if the intention is malicious. Why? Simple no one is forcing anyone to read anything if you see
someone other than the dedicated/favorite group(s) posting don't click it. Wait for the other group to post their work. If for some reason you lack the strength of will
to resist reading that chapter well that's on you for being such a weak willed individual.

@sterven at least with the block user and hiding the chapter whilst that, I will not be seeing them on my chapter list and will be comforted with it. It is an eyesore on my eyes to see double chapter and I keep feeling bothered by it if I came back to the page. With the hiding chapter by blocking user features, it won't be bothering me for a while, at least until they create a new account, and if they did, I will just block them. Simple as that.

This was actually one of the rare times I clicked on the chapter and was a bit baffled that someone would bring their drama on another site. ((Looking at the design, I am sure it is a convo from discord)). Then, I saw a comment saying that it is not okay and against the site policy while others said it is okay. Since there were two different opinions on the same matter, why not just ask someone who actually knows about the site policy and I was afraid I would bother the moderator/admin if I PMed them for something as trivial as this so I created a thread. Thankfully, an administrator answered me and clarify the matter. I had to ask for future reference. Like if it is not okay, then, of course, I had to report them. If it is okay, then I will just ignore them. That's all.

Supporter
@Nobody-desu
I understand your reasoning behind wanting this feature implemented but it still does not detract from making my point that this is and should always be the responsibility of the reader.
If you as the reader
not talking about you personally so don't take this as an attack
can't be bothered to simply ignore a couple of chapters or doing some basic research why should anyone even bother wasting time and resources into implementing this feature when it could be better used elsewhere. That's just my take on this but here's a staffs word on the subject.

It happens more often than not to be honest. Glad you got someone to give you an answer this quickly but I wanted to leave my take on this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread