Is it really alright to mark a series as dropped if it hasn't been given a fair shot?

what I mean by this is that many times I like the premise of a manga so I decide to read it but sometimes I just don't feel like reading it, even though there's nothing particularly wrong with the story or the manga itself but it's because of external factors like mood, fatigue etc. So I drop the manga but then when it comes to rating them I just leave it scoreless because I can't say whether it was actually bad or not since I didn't even give it a fair shot. There's also the possibility that I might read it in the future so I can't exactly put it in the dropped list but I can't indefinitely put it on hold. By unfollowing it feels like if the time ever comes that I become interested in this manga again then I'll give it another shot, kind of like letting nature take its course.
So I've been unfollowing manga I don't plan on reading if I haven't given them a fair shot instead of putting them in the dropped list, I only put manga which I really hated or couldn't stand in the drop list(typically rated under 5).
Anyways I was just wondering how you guys deal with this, I might be the only one who drops a manga and doesn't automatically add it to dropped list, what are your thoughts.

i think you're worrying about it too much. I don't think many probably pay too much attention to dropped count when deciding whether to read or not. Why can't you just leave it on hold if dropped bothers you?

Dex-chan lover
@vexxar if you dont want to put it on hold but you think putting it on dropped is unfair then just use the re-read section as that category.

I never drop anything because i would never finish anything if i did. If you're getting sick of a serries alternate between watching an anime/reading the manga or something like that

@MawMaw no can do, I already use the reread section kind of as a favourites, basically my top tier manga that I wouldn't mind reading again on any given day

I basically drop series that took way too long to update or upload chapters (IE 8-24 months), or just can't remember where I had left off and don't have the time to re-read it - especially with how massively humongous my Follows is right now.
I have a few I've dropped just because I kept giving them a try and just couldn't get into it, despite being 20, 30 chapters in, or a few more because honestly: while they're not bad, they've gone a direction I couldn't stand.
A couple more I've dropped also just straight-up never get updated anymore either because everyone hates them or the author legit gave up or forgot about it - shit sucks, man.

It does not matter while you keep your list in private. What does matter is that dropped ones are still showing up in the update's list and that becomes annoying, so if you ask me I am mostly avoiding the use of this mark.

Users who are viewing this thread