Iseikai Tensei - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Always good to see a demon lord design which isn't just a human with pointy ears or horns glued in.

Aggregator gang
Is that sacred treasure a Nokia on a stick? Dude got some tight fit, I want a mom jacket

So i take it he does have ahuman form since frm the cryo containment in the page was a human?

Dex-chan lover
So this is basically Gate, except instead of present-day technology vs fantasy it's future technology vs fantasy

This is literally the personality of a generic isekai protagonist stuffed into a robot thing. How typical of him to run into a cute girl in trouble as soon as he is introduced into a new environment and helps her without a proper unbiased understanding of the world's circumstances. For a robot, this dude is literally so emotional. What is even the point of making him a robot if that aspect plays no part into his personality. And why the f*ck am i so annoyed. God help me.

Dex-chan lover
@OsoJr Yes, and it also implied that this planet might be Earth thousands of years in the future, instead of a far off planet that he was sent to. Still unlikely that his mom is gonna be the pope or another important human. If she is "alive" it's probably as a cyborg or computer hidden away somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
@Gooose Don't forget "human bad, demon good", which has become just as overused as its opposite was.

@Leo80221 went back to ch1, I got very confused because it said "A few days later, after Noah departed", meaning the scene with his mother preparing to revive the earth happens in the mean time while Noah is gone, but they never really clarified how long Noah was travelling, so I assume it wasn't a long time. Time isn't very clear, but I think you are correct, Noah might have just landed back on an Earth that was revived to look like a fictional fantasy, hence why his mother called it "project reincarnation" or probably "Project Isekai" if it was read in japanese maybe. Also the capsules looked like they had a merman, werewolf and a demon, so that's another hint.

Dex-chan lover
@OsoJr On page 10 of chapter one the robot box thing says that he was in cryosleep for 50,000 years. Now the robot and stuff could've just been programmed to believe that it's been that long and it's really only been 500, 1000, or 5000 years, which should all be plenty of time for life to have started returning to Earth, but it's probably been 50,000 years.

Dex-chan lover
Is that sacred treasure a Nokia on a stick?
@EKappaZ If it is, then it can probably bludgeon a dragon to death.

Wait... Her mom is dead, all well and good (Not really, but it seems normal)...
But, what happened to the elder brother we see in the picture? Is he the pope, who in turn betrayed the demons?
@Milanin The demon king mentioned two names when giving his farewell to the painting, so I'm assuming the brother suffered the same unknown-yet-lethal fate as the mother. Just speculation, though.

Dex-chan lover
Dammit. It's just generic evil empire. I suddenly lost most of my motivation to read this.
@Kojirremer It'll probably shame dragon to death in social media so that dragon would commit suicide.

After the first chapter I was kinda hoping they went kinda deconstructy on the normal tropes for these sorts of stories and had high hopes, then chapter two is cookie cutter AF....

Well, I don't really mind common as muck isekai or tensei so long as it is executed well or has some kind of novel hook, and the whole world itself was tensei'd into a fake isekai by the mother of a freaking cyborg is a pretty out there hook! Just the second chapter is so bland compared to the first it feels such a let down... If MC being OP as hell in combat but the real challenge is winning hearts and minds away from the religion it could be ok still, though I'm guessing the kid is going to be kick arse at that too....

TL;DR - great expectation creating first chapter leading to underwhelming second chapter... I guess that's kinda to be expected?

Edit: @Kojirremer - if it is really tropey, mama died of an illness and the son in the war

Contributor
Papa DO NOT APPROVE !

Nice chapter, but it's only the beginning.
Can't wait to see this trash hero beaten like a pulp.

Users who are viewing this thread