Isekai Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to - Vol. 12 Ch. 161 - Fabiniku Ojisan And Density

Supporter
Genuine question because I have not seen the raw. But does the part about "tension starts to ramp up" refers to the botched up English borrowed word テンション上がる which actually means "things are getting more exciting/I'm getting more excited" because somehow the Japanese thinks tension means excitement?

Edit: Also chapter 160 would need to be moved to volume instead of No volume. Cheers

Contributor
Wait so was the three months thing actually a reference to how long it’s been since the last chapter or are the translations just behind?

Ok, so... I want to preface this by saying I have zero translation skills. This is the opinion of a lowly reader. My only experience in scanlating has been typesetter and redrawer, and even in those areas I have very low standards anyways.

Pages 13 and 14 make no sense. I'm just gonna write the lines here, and ask if someone can make heads or tails of it:

"A beautiful girl by the sea. A White one-piece swimsuit would suit you well. I wanna buy you one."

"It was just like that when you sent clothes to your little sister and refused them, saying they weren't her thing. It's in this way that being charmed is somewhat obnoxious. Though I don't particularly think that you're at any risk of doting on me like your little sister. And there's no sexual charm there."

"So does that mean... does that mean you'd be happy to let me pet you...?"

"I did not say a work to that effect."

The joke is supposed to be that Jinguuji is fine with being seen as a little sister, so long as there is no sexual tension between them. That's why Tachibana interprets this as a free pass to give her headpats. That's it. But what the translation actually wrote in the page is almost the opposite.

For starters, Tachibana is talking about a one piece dress, not a swimsuit. It's just a fictional dress that manga uses to depict cute girls in the summer, it comes up again in later chapters. It seems like a small detail but it turns the next sentence into nonsense.

Tachibana says he wants to see a beautiful girl in a swimsuit, and somehow Jinguuji interprets this as completely chaste sibling behaviour. But then she inexplicably changes her mind and says Tachibana -doesn't- see her as a sibling. That he's "in no danger of doting on her as a little sister". Then she changes her mind again, and says he DOES see her as a little sister, since there's no "sexual charm".

Am I crazy? I mean, I think there's enough context in the story that I sort of understood the joke but holy shit, a proofreader would've been so useful! Whatever comedy the author intended was buried in the awkward structure of that exchange.

Mind you, this is the only time I'll ever complain, because I love this manga to pieces. I'm incredibly grateful for new chapters, so I'm glad there'll be more releases, even if a couple lines make me sractch my head.

Supporter
Ok, so... I want to preface this by saying I have zero translation skills. This is the opinion of a lowly reader. My only experience in scanlating has been typesetter and redrawer, and even in those areas I have very low standards anyways.

Pages 13 and 14 make no sense. I'm just gonna write the lines here, and ask if someone can make heads or tails of it:

"A beautiful girl by the sea. A White one-piece swimsuit would suit you well. I wanna buy you one."

"It was just like that when you sent clothes to your little sister and refused them, saying they weren't her thing. It's in this way that being charmed is somewhat obnoxious. Though I don't particularly think that you're at any risk of doting on me like your little sister. And there's no sexual charm there."

"So does that mean... does that mean you'd be happy to let me pet you...?"

"I did not say a work to that effect."

The joke is supposed to be that Jinguuji is fine with being seen as a little sister, so long as there is no sexual tension between them. That's why Tachibana interprets this as a free pass to give her headpats. That's it. But what the translation actually wrote in the page is almost the opposite.

For starters, Tachibana is talking about a one piece dress, not a swimsuit. It's just a fictional dress that manga uses to depict cute girls in the summer, it comes up again in later chapters. It seems like a small detail but it turns the next sentence into nonsense.

Tachibana says he wants to see a beautiful girl in a swimsuit, and somehow Jinguuji interprets this as completely chaste sibling behaviour. But then she inexplicably changes her mind and says Tachibana -doesn't- see her as a sibling. That he's "in no danger of doting on her as a little sister". Then she changes her mind again, and says he DOES see her as a little sister, since there's no "sexual charm".

Am I crazy? I mean, I think there's enough context in the story that I sort of understood the joke but holy shit, a proofreader would've been so useful! Whatever comedy the author intended was buried in the awkward structure of that exchange.

Mind you, this is the only time I'll ever complain, because I love this manga to pieces. I'm incredibly grateful for new chapters, so I'm glad there'll be more releases, even if a couple lines make me sractch my head.
Thank you, I kinda just zone out on confusing translations at this point so I didn't even realize I had no idea what they were talking about until you brought it up. I just feel the vibes... but it's better to understand what they actually meant.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was a wrong cover, until closer inspection
a23c5078-874d-40af-b8e5-bce0d060e002.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Glad we're back! Funny how the in series time is the same as the break between 1 chapter.

Manga time is painful.

Users who are viewing this thread