Isekai Cheat Magician - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
@Flyingpantsu:The wind spirit wasn't a bad guy and the poor writing has been confirmed. What was the point of having our two heroines prove they can win by themselves only to transform them into damsels in distress in the next panel ? It would have been good if they did the saving instead of Taichi but no, we're being fed a cliché development.
Everything that was accomplished during this chapter has been reduced to naught at the end of it so it was totally pointless. Good job, author.
I wholeheartedly concur. In the beginning I thought, that chapter actually turns the story around. "We just tested something out", seemed like an asspull, but I liked the result. They suddenly could fight again! Maybe the author read some critics on some japanese webpages (the flawes of the last few chapters have been universally obvious) and took them to heart? Or maybe the editor changed? Whatever, the quality of that fight was clearly above the trashy last few chapters....PSYCHE!!! Defeated offscreen by that asshole.

This is the polar opposite of that "we need a strong female main character", even if she becomes a merry sue and the writing gets bad, that some movie franchises became a victim of. In this manga's case the writing gets bad, because, "We need that guy to save those chics. I don't care if they are strong." You just want to punch whoever is responsible for this, in either case.

Now really. I enjoyed the first part quite a bit. And I believe this manga had some quite decent written chapters before. So the author is capable of at least decent writing. Is he flaunting this fact into our faces with this chapter and wants to show us, that he isn't doing it on purpose, for what reason ever? (Help! My editor forces me to write BS!)

Dex-chan lover
so Taichi is shown to have a weakness
he can't fight spirits
nice concept but then b/c he can't win with his one-dimensional ability he's fed some stupid half assed power up on top of his alr- every isekai ever (except like 4)
on the girls, how do they know what taichi is like at 100% to the point they can compare someone else to a very specific number...
(did i miss some training montage where Gok- I mean Freez- I mean Taichi scrolled through each percentage of his strength?)
this is what gets you published n serialized in japan
this is how you hit the banks
take notes and make your dreams come true

Dex-chan lover
I am not going to lie. Though the "story" isn't good. The girls, in the end, did better than I thought. My biggest problem with this manga is why does a "cheat" Magician gets power-ups and is incapable of fighting the beast with his own power? Also, why didn't the girls even try to fight the elemental? Like in what would do they give up without trying?

This really hurts to read.

Dex-chan lover
This manga really hurts the my mind to read it. Some of those trashy isekai can simply be read by throwing logic outside of the window but this needs to be braindead to read.

Group Leader
What's the point of establishing your MC as OP and the strongest ever if the first magician he meats beats him like a bitch.
Then you have to conveniently add more useless powers on top of what he already has.

The whole point of this manga is "She's OP, she can use every type of magic. He's OP, he can't use elemental magic but can pretty much destroy a country by sneezing".
Now that he can use wind magic, what's the point of her having any power at all.

What this trash author just did is like if Superman suddenly became impervious to kryptonite and magic. That's just dumb.

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi I mean it was stated to be a one time thing for now so its not like he's just got this power now. Not sure what the future holds but his powerup is an MC deal with the devil cliche. At best a taste of what could be possible later.

Dex-chan lover
That last page screams

BLAST OF WIND IN MY HEART!~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsDmgHvMdD4

@aFFi He didnt get a powerup, he got a temporary buff... You know, he WILL be proficient in all but elemental magic in 5 years or whatever. You have to start that plot progress too somehow.

Aggregator gang
that's the problem with villains anymore, no follow through. holding complete dominance during a fight, ok, lets take a break and let the hero's party regroup and change to better tactics. got a magic beast that can ko the MC with his current abilities, lets just walk away while he's half dead and try and take his girls hostage...cause that NEVER goes wrong...I mean we're so sure of victory we wont even keep watch just in case someone or something shows up to help him and/or give him a power up...
and to those saying it's "just temporary" I'd like to point out that it being a special favor to use now was the temporary part, the spirit said that strength would eventually truly be his...so I guess it's like in a video game where they show you how awesome you can be while pitting you against a late game enemy, then take it all away for reasons and you have to go earn it back again.

Dex-chan lover
"Heh...You thought you finished me two pages ago with no visual real buildup to my fake off-screen death!!....NOW PREPARE FOR MY SECRET MC-OP ATTACK BECAUSE PLOT THICKENINGS ARE FOR NERDS AND I LIKE MY STORY RUNNIER THAN A 5 YEAR OLDS NOSE IN DECEMBER"

Dex-chan lover
how did the girls suddenly get tied up? did they fight? if not then why not? or was the fight skipped? it wasn't like the bad guy had a knife to Taichi's neck and holding him hostage. if he did that, it would've made more sense. my brain hurts 😎

Dex-chan lover
fucking lame.. the title is a joke to you? unnecessary drama.. girls just gave up.. kek.. try hard to be bad ass at the last page..

Dex-chan lover
Even though the author gave them retarded amounts of power it’s still now enough somehow even though he could’ve sliced off the priests head in a millisecond

Users who are viewing this thread