Isekai Courtroom -Rebuttal Barrister-

Reading the first few chapters of this manga was very strange to me, because I somehow confused barrister with barista. ?

Dex-chan lover
The in-universe lore recognizes the presence of a god and yet the first to receive god's chosen one is the state.
She probably is the god for only one particular nation, and nothing else.

What's more, the god claims that the world doesn't do well due to the strife the world has so then what's the point of implementing the law when mere mortals preside as judge?
It worked for peaceful Japan. Other than that, the while the god seems powerful, she isn't omnipotent (visits barrister once and says she has to go because she's busy raising a group of heroes). She's probably more the type to delegate than deal everything by herself.

Even worse, the authority figure is revealed to be in an unstable position so what worth does he have?
They are in a transition period and there are currently no better figures to serve as the judge. It would be politically troublesome if the king appointed anyone especially a noble as a judge.

I hate how everyone in that kingdom is so well versed in japans laws despite it being like what, a damn month since it was implemented?
It seems weird too but it looks like weeaboo god indeed - they seem to have been using yen as a currency for years considering that the general shop girl had a contract worth 10M yen four years ago. It's safe to assume that Japanese systems have been implemented for much longer, and it was only recently that the god found a Japanese lawyer who was free.

Since fifteen years is the age of a legal adult in the kingdom, I guess that means he only needs to wait for less than one year.

Law is something you use to regulate society, to ensure no group of people will ever feel unprotected and try to revolt. However isekai worlds never go past the middle ages on that respect. It's always the nobles who have ridiculous amounts of benefits, even more than the most despot of old kingdoms. Anyone would guess that there should be revolutions right and left, especially with all the rampant abuse.
Even Japanese law should be better than the 'you're not a noble, sucks to be you' pretense of a law.

Double-page supporter
The whole premise is kind of dumb, honestly.

If the start had been him accidentally falling off an overpass into traffic on the day of successfully passing the Japanese bar exam, after celebrating with just one too many drinks, then that'd be one thing, but this guy could never manage to pass it, so.... what business does he have being an isekai lawyer?

I dislike when authors take this sort of approach of putting someone who's unqualified into a position that they have no business being in.

Again, if he could never manage to become qualified to be a lawyer in Japan, then why in the hell would he be qualified to be one in an alternate, fantasy world?

Dex-chan lover
It was overall dumb but still fun. The lawyer stuff was different than the usual isekai trope at least.

Seeing a newly released chapter with Donatella in it was one of the things that instantly brighten my mood... how sad. But at the same time, this was a really fun ride.

For a cancelled manga, I will say they wrapped this manga up in a very satisfying fashion. Most manga I read that are cancelled end rather abruptly, and generally have slipshod endings that don't make a lot of sense, but this wrapped up quite well.

Fed-Kun's army
um what?
https://mangadex.org/title/19856/isekai-houtei-rebuttal-barrister

Users who are viewing this thread