Isekai Craft Gurashi: Jiyuu Kimama na Seisan Shoku no Honobono Slow Life - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
Honestly? I'm happy that for once the MC wasn't allowed to do the milquetoast idiotic 'I didn't do anything special uwu' bullshit when his skills in what he does are literally beyond what anyone else on the PLANET is capable of. She just shut him up and told them flat out, none of this hiding for no good reason horsehockey.
To be fair, there's a proverb in Japan: "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down". Basically, conformity is valued in Japan, so of course the MC is going to go with "I didn't do anything special", because he doesn't want to be hammered down.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, there's a proverb in Japan: "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down". Basically, conformity is valued in Japan, so of course the MC is going to go with "I didn't do anything special", because he doesn't want to be hammered down.
More correctly, [出る釘は打たれる], romanized as, "deru kugi wa utareru", carries the connotation that if you stand out too much people will hate you and you will suffer the consequences of that hatred. It doesn't mean "conform, or else", but rather to be aware of the risks of standing out and if you wish to avoid them, then don't stand out too much. Here it's more related to the Japanese concept of humility, [謙虚] "Kenkyo", which focuses on preventing arrogance from being too prideful (though it still links into that concept of, "don't stand out too much", too, as being prideful usually leads to rejection from a given community; this is shown best with the concept of [村八分] "mura-hachibu", which originated in rural villages and was shunning due to breaking the eight precepts that allowed villages to survive and even thrive, where everyone supported each other when in need, and was supported in turn in their need).

Dex-chan lover
UjGkCKD.jpg
You know what?
eb6e80d8a8124863c8e5893b661338592227888248550b08e26878998cb44380.jpg

An isekai where toilet got a total revolution thx to the mc....

Dex-chan lover
Thank you. Please continue translating this! Other group seemed to have quit on this so there should be many raw chapters piled up. :glee:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up XD

Darn it, it's annoying when the MC has god like power and for some weird reason doesn't realize it...

Was building towers in an instant normal in his world??? Yes, it's video game powers.... but that's the f***ing point... he has video game powers and doesn't realize how OP that is..

It's absolutely stupid.... unnaturally stupid.... to the point that it's sloppy....

Oh, but at least he understands that a lot of money is a lot of money... and he understands that ranking up is a big deal...

Dex-chan lover
Was building towers in an instant normal in his world??? Yes, it's video game powers.... but that's the f***ing point... he has video game powers and doesn't realize how OP that is..
To be fair, in the video game, every crafter could probably do it, so his perspective is skewed in that way. I mean, it only recently occurred to him that, crafters in this world don't have massive inventories because they can't go out and gather materials every single day due to the dangers of lurking monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread