Isekai de Café wo Kaiten Shimashita - Ch. 73

The only thing I love more than sniping manga and not even capitalizing your typesetting, is when you scam people out of money for chapters that never come out. Everyone knows that you're Comicdom or whatever you call yourself now, so just stop translating and scamming people.

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I love more than sniping manga and not even capitalizing your typesetting, is when you scam people out of money for chapters that never come out. Everyone knows that you're Comicdom or whatever you call yourself now, so just stop translating and scamming people.
I'm confused, sniping who or how when there's been no update in over 2 month, also there are indeed 14 more chapter (I think chapter 87 came out the 29th or 30th september) Or do you mean they get paid and then don't translate?

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused, sniping who or how when there's been no update in over 2 month, also there are indeed 14 more chapter (I think chapter 87 came out the 29th or 30th september) Or do you mean they get paid and then don't translate?
just look at the credit page of chapter 65

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like we're back to begging for money on subpar quality releases I see.
Word of warning, never send a dime to that guy. You're not guaranteed to see the TL done and he keeps a list of the mail addresses of people who have donated to him. He'll keep hounding you for more donations using new accounts (so blocking him doesn't work) every couple of months with all sorts of excuses.

Dex-chan lover
Man everyone is being so negative, and for good reason. I thought the scam of ComicDom was dead but I guess the wallet is a bit light so they thought “I’ll scam some idiots online.” Unfortunately people will fall for it and this won’t go away.

Dex-chan lover
they get paid and then dont translate. also they sometimes hire translators, take the money, and then dont pay them. They have a long history of this shit.

Dex-chan lover
Time to introduce a new evil of the cooking industry to this fantasy world: Catering
Probably not the most apt term here... More like out-ration/MRE. Let's hope it don't introduce ubereats too soon

Dex-chan lover

Comicdom were a notorious group that used to snipe popular series, translate chapters so the sniped group gave up and then started holding the future chapters to ransom. Like, "let's make a deal, if you don't pay us we won't release the future chapters".

This guy posting now was the main guy behind Comicdom.

Dex-chan lover
next up, field rations!
gotta save those poor knights from stale hard bread!

Fed-Kun's army
Time for bento boxes or canned/jar foods?

I always felt these type of credit page sussy cuz it's not only a lump sum of money, but the fact that it is still on every chapter after.
I had thought it was probably some greedy person that just wants a larger cut of the money but I didn't know it was a full on scam.
Now looking at the credit page again, it does seem extra scummy when they worded it with "lets make a deal guys".

Dex-chan lover
problem is as much as other groups would like to hop in too, majority of our groups are already busy -_- so the general unwritten rule for scanlation groups is that we just live snipers to continue until they stop for good while we work on other manga

Dex-chan lover
Comicdom were a notorious group that used to snipe popular series, translate chapters so the sniped group gave up and then started holding the future chapters to ransom. Like, "let's make a deal, if you don't pay us we won't release the future chapters".

This guy posting now was the main guy behind Comicdom.
yup, was pretty obvious from the get go
additionally while there are groups that ask for money, they at least give good quality scans
outside of that the entire thing's a passion project more than anything
since you can never have too many scanlation groups

Dex-chan lover
Everyone's talking about the scanlator, but virna isn't attracted to men. A welcome surprise to see non-het representation.

Dex-chan lover
Thank god the issue was resolved, by the power of COMMUNICATION! One of my least favorite tropes in any kind of storytelling are miscommunications that can be resolved with a 5 second chat but they get stretched out for no reason other than to prolong the tension.

Users who are viewing this thread