Isekai de Café wo Kaiten Shimashita - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much a double update so I'm ah say it's a double update :p Best double update is best double update :eek:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the updates, though i feel like you can use someone to read over the texts again, cause not every sentence makes sense. Thanks for the effort though, keep it up

Dex-chan lover
I can feel the, "someone is going to sabotage the banquet" flag slowly rising.

Pretty boy chef vs MC: black hair and black eyes while describing her features. On cover looks pretty brown for both to me.

@Illanya
Yup, on the cover both her hair and eyes are brown, but it's a rarity for a 'purebred' japanese have any hair colour but black, and they usually call their eyes black if they're dark-brown which is the most common eye color in Japan (a weird thing tho). "Black hair, black eyes" is one of self-descriptions of japanese people, identifying their uniform national traits, basically, it's how they see themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Having watched Lords and Ladles, I still find it highly improbable that any civilization as advanced as the one shown in this series didn't have some concept of culinary arts. Seriously, the pursuit of salt alone and its contributions to cooking drove the development of civilizations all over the world. If the MC of this series doesn't learn a thing from this world, or if none of the chefs under her tutelage ever outclass her, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Double-page supporter
If someone fucks up they are done now that she got on the good side of the Royal Family.
Better cook it right or heads will roll.

Dex-chan lover
Although I'm always triggered by the protrayal of the cooks of that other world, or how the author doesn't know his recipes. I quite like how each of them quickly swallows back their pride without needless chapters and chapters of annoying little lords type tropes.

Fed-Kun's army
Black people also look pretty brown to me, no big deal.

As for the culinary stuff there's one glaring part I've seen so far, while europe for example had horrid culinary skills for many centuries,
they've never been even remotely bad when it comes to thoroughly get stuff done rather than leave some bits raw inside.
(Although that like anything else related to cooking in europe back then wasn't done for taste reasons, but for health reasons.)

There's a reason why most of europe had a very clear attitude about not accepting anything raw as edible food,
and for the same reason there's no way they'd sloppily burn a surface leaving the content raw like that.

Contributor
@MissMystery It could very well have been like this in the raws, but I thought I'd point out that on page 15, it seems the balloons for "Please, just accept it" and "I'm hearing talks about the Royal Conference Banquet" are switched, going off of context.

Users who are viewing this thread