Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Ch. 28

Double-page supporter
I think the author was drunk. Two new 'characters' came out of nowhere for pretty much no proper reason

Dex-chan lover
he

he's saying it as an expression meaning he can't believe it has something so broken sounding. he does say magic will just get reflected later on
Thank you. Because it is just text, the intended inflection did not come across to me. It makes sense now.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. Rabbits in Japanese folklore be all...
98c.jpg

Dex-chan lover
By the way, could understand the Saint of Kick title.
But seeing the Saint of Ears (and a comment say it means fighting with ears), does that mean their world can just create any kind of saints impromptu, even the absurds?

Contributor
@Hamaguy There are multiple skills missing from the rabbit, and the Keen smell that was supposed to be in the boars skill list.

Also various other errors,
honestly dude you're doing a better job translating it alone without Magami...

[Indentify] evolved to [illustrated Book].
Not back to appraisal.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm still over here waiting for like half of these genre tags to apply because so far it's pretty much only been slice of life romcom with a dash of isekai thrown in.

Group Leader
@Hamaguy There are multiple skills missing from the rabbit, and the Keen smell that was supposed to be in the boars skill list.

Not back to appraisal.
Sorry about that, can you specify on the first point? I counted the skills row by row and I don't think we missed anything

Dex-chan lover
Sorry about that, can you specify on the first point? I counted the skills row by row and I don't think we missed anything
Mythril Boar you probably miscount because magic reflection took two rows from the typesetting.
  • 突撃 (Rush)
  • 鉄壁 (Iron Wall)
  • 魔法反射 (Magic Reflection)
  • 超臭覚

Kick Rabbit, you missed the whole third section of the lower right box, under the racial and unique skills.
  • 武術スキル (Martial Art Skill)
  • 魔闘術 (SSR) : M
  • 噛みつき (N)
  • 体当たり (N)

Group Leader

Not back to appraisal.
Issue fixed, turns out it was a typeset auto resize error, so let's not jump to conclusions next time:)

Dex-chan lover
Rabbit’s last skill. 体あたり is translated as Tackle. At least in Pokémon.

And question from earlier.
Any reason for translating Akatsuki’s race into (what seems like) Chinese reading?

Group Leader
Taiatariis a Kendo movement, literally meaning to hit (ataru) with the body (tai). It is a collision move used to break the kamae and therefore the defense of the opponent. A correct taiatari is executed with the sword held vertically and the fists held firmly in front of the navel or slightly higher. The force comes from the legs driving the body forward, rather than the arms pushing the opponent away. During practice, a person receiving a taiatari should hold firm.
Rabbit’s last skill. 体あたり is translated as Tackle. At least in Pokémon.

And question from earlier.
Any reason for translating Akatsuki’s race into (what seems like) Chinese reading?

End quote

Double-page supporter
No I do, I said that his new relationship is being put under question when many of its highlights are due to his cheats. Had he didn't change over night and had a more gradual change then it would not been suspect
Especially when the author highlighted how the MC was being bullied for how short, fat, ugly, and weak he was.
And unless you want to convince me that he would have totally gotten the modeling gig while he was in his original form, the model clearly was drawn to him due to his looks. Just like how that redhead(?) girl is shown to have feeling for him after he saved her while kicking the ball or winning her a prize from the crane machine. And how he is being constantly being praised for his cheats by outsiders like his translation skill, his cooking by his teachers during the bear incident. Or his strength and athleticism by his schoolmates.

Now just imagine had the MC didn't just over nighted his transformation and rather grew like a normal character growth. This would have meant that when transfered to his new school he would have had made friends with all those people as as who he truly was not his cheats.
And then over time when got better looking over the days not only the other girls not just the first girl who liked him for himself, would start to grow out of being just friends and start seeing him in romantic sense, and then topping it all off with the modeling arc where he helps the model in that photo shot and that would have been a catalyst for other girls who have a crush on him to act on it out of fear of being taken by another girl.
Let alone showing how his skills also started to grow from being bad at cooking for example to over time, getting better due to his skill and experiences and seeing the contrast from people reaction to his cooking getting better an better.

Otherwise do tell if not this what are the issues? As I am curious tbh
You still don't get my point. You are literally looking at it from HIS point of view, while you should look from those other peoples point of view.

They didn't know him before he transformed. The cheats having effect on him making a positive impression has nothing to do with this.
Which makes every treatment and everything he is receiving since his transformation worse as it kinda insinuate that he would still have been hated and bullied had he stayed the same.
And how I wish he didn't just transformed at all. He would have gained friends because his personality not because of his looks same with everything he is getting in the human side.

This is your original point. That he would still be BULLIED and HATED if he still stayed the same. THIS is the point I've been responding to. I've never negated that he got an easier time due to the transformation at all. You just twisted what I said, just like how you twist what is within the manga. So I'll try to make my point again, with different words. Hopefully this time you won't twist it to your liking.

There exists not a single indication that if he did not transform, that he would be hated or bullied in the school, nor that he wouldn't be able to befriend these same people. The relationships would have looked different, certainly, but there exists not a single proof that the connection would have been negative.
Likewise, someone being just 'given' something that makes him have easier time in life is fine to be considered a 'cheat'. However it is VERY MUCH REALISTIC, and therefore cannot be considered bad writing. There are hundredths of thousands of people lucky enough to have that 'fate' in the real world. Writing that is accurate to the real world cannot, by definition, be bad writing. At worst, it can be poor choice of topic. Because good writing doesn't equal fun/interesting writing.

As for the many things wrong with this manga, just a few general, cause I don't feel like being bothered for any details nor going out of my way for a comprehensive list:
1) Brick-level stupid main character.
2) Inconsistencies.
3) Bad transitions between different parts of the story.
4) Total lack of mental maturity in any of the characters, even though at least some of them should show it.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully this time you won't twist it to your liking.
I really don't appreciate such personal attacks.

There exists not a single indication that if he did not transform, that he would be hated or bullied in the school, nor that he wouldn't be able to befriend these same people.
You think that if the MC was still a obese dawrf he would be able to be a friend with that model let alone model with her? Or save the princess from the legendary beasts in the forest? Or how about the assassin girl, would she not just killed him and moved on if he was not more powerful than her and could hold his ground in that forest?

At best his new classmates would have not actively bullied him. And that assumes that everyone in his new school are saints and won't take his golden ticket to the school in a bad way. So clearly I missed the part where it said it was a school of saints and angels not the powerful elite and connected, my bad!

Likewise, someone being just 'given' something that makes him have easier time in life is fine to be considered a 'cheat'. However it is VERY MUCH REALISTIC, and therefore cannot be considered bad writing. There are hundredths of thousands of people lucky enough to have that 'fate' in the real world. Writing that is accurate to the real world cannot, by definition, be bad writing. At worst, it can be poor choice of topic. Because good writing doesn't equal fun/interesting writing.
Again, it didn't happen just once. Everything he get is without an effort. So I clearly missed the real world story of the kid that just kept on winning the lottery to go from poverty and staying rich even after needing multiple cash infusion, as clearly that happens in real life. I just happened to be.

Writing that is accurate to the real world cannot, by definition, be bad writing. At worst, it can be poor choice of topic. Because good writing doesn't equal fun/interesting writing.
I might not be a native English speaker, but let me assure you it is absolutely is. It lacks the basics of story telling, there is no build up, there is no conflict, there is no climax to the story. Everything is instantly resolved without so much a tension, no one reads the story would even imagine the MC would be in any threat let alone has anyone to fear or worry about. The brother of the princess could very much try to personally poison the MC and he consumes the whole poison and everyone would believe that nothing will happen to the MC. After all, this is a story not a retelling of real world events unless again I missed the tag that says historical manga. I suppose I might just be growing old, so again my bad!

1) Brick-level stupid main character.
2) Inconsistencies.
3) Bad transitions between different parts of the story.
4) Total lack of mental maturity in any of the characters, even though at least some of them should show it.
Funny, we do agree on this, we just disagree on the root of cause of it. As I claim it is due to the poor writing of the MC just having zero effort everything just builds up to many if not all of those issues.

I would like to remind whoever is reading this discussion. If you enjoy this kind of story that is perfectly fine, each person has their own preferences and there is no need for what you enjoy to be something good or something loved by the majority. Hell, you can love or hate a manga for different reasons than someone else who shares that same love or hate of it!

Double-page supporter
I really don't appreciate such personal attacks.
Yet here you are doing exactly this, again.

(...) he would be able to be a friend with that model (...)

Not impossible. He possibly wouldn't have the opportunity to do it like this, but if they met somehow, it could have happened.

(...) let alone model with her?

Proof of you twisting what I said. This is not relevant to even a single word of any of my posts here. It's impossible to get to any conclusion that would have you say this, unless you forcefully twist what I wrote to include something that was never there.

Or save the princess from the legendary beasts in the forest?

Again, not relevant to the discussion whatsoever.

Or how about the assassin girl, would she not just killed him and moved on if he was not more powerful than her and could hold his ground in that forest?

Yet again not relevant whatsoever. The discussion is purely about whether he could be friends with these people if they met while he was the past him. No one said that the meeting needs to be following the same script or under the same circumstances. That is something you have added on your own accord.

At best his new classmates would have not actively bullied him.

Entirely your assumption that has literally zero ground, be it in real life or in the story. Quite the opposite. The school owners daughter and the owner himself (that agreed to him in the school hearing of the him from the incident, back when he was just a small, round dude) prove that the author acknowledges the reality...that not everyone in the world is a lousy degenerate. Reality is that many people don't give a damn about how others look originally. Many of the 'bullies' are just swept in by that one or two loudmouth that 'leads' them, either out of naive idea of that being 'cool', as children tend to, or out of fear that they would be the next ones otherwise. Neither would really fly in a school like this when the upper echelons show very clear interest in promoting good social interactions.
Without a 'pack leader', some/most of these people would have a chance to approach him with sincerity, at which point his personality would matter more for whether they would become friends or not. Dating is another thing entirely and I won't bother talking about that, but friendship? There's no reason not to.

Again, it didn't happen just once. Everything he get is without an effort. So I clearly missed the real world story of the kid that just kept on winning the lottery to go from poverty and staying rich even after needing multiple cash infusion (...)

Huh?! He got this 'transformation' and 'power' once. All else is just a result of him actually using it. Returning to that example, it's the now-rich kid actually using that money over a longer period instead of just wasting it all at once, like you seem to think everyone would.

Sorry to burst your bauble, but while many people DO waste their lotteries, some actually manage to live the rest of their lives in luxury, maybe even form a source of great, income.

And...that aside...do you even realize how many kids DO keep getting stuff just handed to them? Do you know how many rich parents there are that just pretty much hand everything their kids want to them for years on end?! Sure, the parents work for that, but the kids DO NOT.

It lacks the basics of story telling, (...)

It has basics of story telling...I mean, it has a main theme, crucial entity to it (the main character here), a progression of sort...Meeting the basics of story telling is quite hilariously easy. That's why they are...basics.

(...) there is no build up (...)

Build up is not necessary for good writing. It is a tool that writers may utilize, but don't have to. There are genres where 'build up' would actually be detrimental, like documentaries.

(...) there is no conflict (...)

Ignoring the fact that there IS conflict here...always always quelled quite fast. What does this have to do with 'good storytelling'? This has nothing to do with your understanding of English language. You simply do not understand what a 'story' is. You clearly have a very specific GENRE in mind when describing it. More specifically, action drama. And I don't mean the 'drama' that this story is tagged with for some ridiculous reason ('drama' is so wide that basically every fiction would fit it when used in this context), but the 'drama' as in a story that centered around dramatic events, not have some sprinkled here or there. Stuff like war stories where everyone dies, stories without any good end, where every choice is a mistake and the characters only try to pick the least bad of them etc.

Conflicts are not needed in good writing. Children writing, slice of life writing, documentary, comedy...none of these require conflicts to be good.

(...) there is no climax to the story (...)

Of course there's no climax to a story that hasn't finished yet...It's like saying that a 10m measuring tape is not long enough to measure a 7m long distance after only pulling out 3m of it...

Funny, we do agree on this, we just disagree on the root of cause of it. As I claim it is due to the poor writing of the MC just having zero effort everything just builds up to many if not all of those issues.

Not exactly. What you wrote implies that I agree that the main character getting things handed out to him is 'bad writing' but don't blame it as a cause. That's simply not correct.
I am saying that him getting handed stuff is NOT bad writing in itself. It's certainly not all that ambitious, it's not motivational etc. But it is not 'bad writing'.

The story as a whole is badly written. But that shows in different parts.

Users who are viewing this thread