Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Power Uploader
If there's another scanlation group reading this, please pick this up. I'm not sure if Einherjar's able to continue it (issues in general and only 1 ts kind of available) and the only other group's translation has:
"..." and "..." translated to "I'm" and "so dumb" (ch5 page 9)
In some instances, although it doesn't hurt too much, they add things to tl, like:
"ahaha gomen gomen"="Sorry, haha, I didn't realise!" (Whole last sentence was made up)
"dare ka!"="Someone, help! Help!" (Anyone/someone, but that'd be weird so okay, but 2 help's?)
In other cases, there's things like "shimatta!!"="Oops, guess we spilt the secret, hahah! Won't matter though, if you're dead!" in ch4 page 7. Not only is that clearly not the translation for one single word, but it's also from the wrong characters, the one who said that was the knight, not the bandits.
In ch4 page 9, not only did they not translate one of the skills he gained, but "Point detection" is also wrong, it's "jakuten kanpa".
In ch4 page 10, they translated "濃い!" to "Damn, that was easy to kill". Not only is that clearly wrong, none of the meanings of 濃 even relate to any of the words it was translated to. They just came up with that entire sentence. And there's still 30+ pages left.

If Party Scans will continue doing it, I ask that they PLEASE at least keep their translation together. Since this is too enjoyable to not have a rightful tl, and most groups won't pick something up if it's already being translated by someone else, even though the past 2 chapters CLEARLY have problems, some 100% beyond justifiable. @BrodieJr @Ruukasu @KifarR04Is

Group Leader
@hyoretsu Yeah as we were starting out we had a translator named Brandon or something along the lines of that~
We later found out he wasn't exactly performing very well and now we have a new translator, someone who's definitely qualified!

Thank you for your concern and we can assure you that our following releases will be of upmost quality :D

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad the MC isn't turning into a dick, and is actually acting like a good person, considering what he's gone through.

But yeah, this manga is pretty ridiculous.

Einherjar Scans translation is kinda sloppy... i dont like it.

The translation is bland unlike party scans... there's no depth within the characters dialog, they made the characters feel way too plain its like im looking at a plank of wood or like waiting for a freshly painted wall to dry... example of which are "Mr. Hikari" and the fuckin "chad wanna be" their dialog is bland AF its like if google translate became a person and had some basic understanding on how to act Gay or Cocky.... Fuck sake it just doesnt feel natural.

Power Uploader
@Dominomi Sloppy? You mean to say that the other group's (old) translations are better, when the translator just added whatever fk he felt like? Even Party Scans' leader himself recognized it https://mangadex.org/thread/284477/6/#post_2611245 He literally added extra words that were never ever mentioned in the raws nor could be inferred. Theirs were the bad translation, especially when the tl tried way too hard to put slangs and whatnot in the dialog.
its like if google translate became a person and had some basic understanding on how to act Gay or Cocky.... Fuck sake it just doesnt feel natural.
It was the proper translation. It's like you don't even know that people in Japan tend to be formal, respectful of others. Not be all like "Damn, he's so goddamn tall!" unless it's a character trait or already slang'd in japanese, no one would translate something like that. (And guess what? The japanese text was just talking about his legs being long... No "takai" (tall) mention at all)
Another example is "Damn, man, this is hurting my morale". Bro, what morale? He also never even mentioned something like "his" in original japanese text. "They ran at the sight of me" This was literally not in the raws. He just saw the girls running on the first panel and put it in there.
"Just fade into the background" Huh? Japanese sad something along the lines of being quiet/not making a sound. Total bs
And yet you say ours is sloppy? (Their new tl is good, I'm not in pain that they're the ones translating ch6 onwards)

Man Im really liking this, I like how he can go back and forth and use his powers in the real world

Dex-chan lover
daww that chapter was adorable. I really like our mc, he deserves all the happiness coming his way

So he woke up taller, slim and with muscles but didnt once check any mirror or even reflection all break 😐

@harperbows Apparently the guy broke his only mirror during his time of self-hatred, and it seems like there were no mirrors or reflective surfaces in the other world.

And frankly, this is one of the details you should pay the least attention to, considering the huge wish-fulfillment fantasy this entire manga is.

@firosahoge it really is a shame about the first couple of chapters, because the author really has made a likeable MC. Even when he was chubby/lazy, he conveyed a strength of character that I would've loved to see him use to earn his current situation. It's rare to see a likeable self-insert MC, though I guess the lack of cringelord edge really helps.

Dex-chan lover
@pugsii I agree with you buddy. The author really squandered a great character. Cheating his way to his current status is a lame copout for actual character development, but hey, it's isekai, keep your expectations low and enjoy the ride

lpe

My man is flexing ahah. I like it.

It's not a great manga, but hey, it entertains me. That's all i ask from the things i read.
Sure, it's not going to make me think about philosophic topics but hey, it's fine :)

Normally I would hate those plots where ugly mc becomes a super omega chad,
But this. I like this.

Users who are viewing this thread