Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Outdoor Classes (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I've been enjoying the story, but I have to admit this real world arc is a little lacking. Or more like it's being dragged out longer than it needs to be. Having him interact more with "regular" people and making friends is kinda the point but, I'm surprised he's not being more cautious about showing off. A couple of heroic acts in the real world are fine now and then, but geez save some for later. He's turning into the Smallville TV show Clark Kent, but without the whole "protecting his identity" part.

Also, bears generally avoid humans... It's like one of the things they tell yo in parks, "Stand your ground, don't run, Look large (get to higher ground if need be) and make sure the bear doesn't identify you as another animal. It'll usually avoid you as long as you don't pose a threat to it's cubs," or words to that effect. It's also probably illegal to randomly capture a wild bear and keep it as a mascot. Wild life conservation people would go apeshit, regardless of how exclusive the school is. I get going for the comedy ending, but I'd prefer they just have animal control, or whatever the Japanese equivalent is, come in and cart it off rather than go a completely unrealistic route. (Yes, I get the ironic nature of saying that about an isekai manga.)

The reveal that Kodakawa is making good on the company mandate of bringing out a new Isekai anime every year for the foreseeable future... I'm not surprised, or disappointed by this, the genre is hot right now. Honestly, the Anime could actually be better than the manga if they took their time. The author preparing for it might be why the current arc feels a bit sloppy.

Dex-chan lover
Yuuya: Thanks to my training in the other world, this is nothing
Bear: YO WHAT THE FUCK

Dex-chan lover
Another anime that was made just for the sake of filling the empty broadcast time schedule, I think.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I find it weird how this manga still maintains a 8 stars when should honestly be around 7.5 at this point

Double-page supporter
This is getting bad real fast. Every chapter is just the mc being the best and the most awesome, he turns into a nobody character. Just boring and unfun to read. The story is also aimless.

Dex-chan lover
Lol that translator note is making me laugh, this manga is just whole cliff of cliche i don't know why they made it to anime (literally me fanservice)
The novel is probably better...? I heard these mangas/animes are made more as ads for those, so they must be good enough to invest into.
I'm pretty surprised at how many people who don't seem to actually like this manga are reading it enough to bother commenting... When I decide I don't like a manga I just stop reading.
I'm waiting for it to return to the fantays world, to find out if this has some sort of plot.
its too unbelievable, with the lack of reaction to fighting a bear. That the sort of reaction you get from wrestling a Doe, you see someone wrestle a bear and you call Guiness cuz that is out of this world even if Russians like to make a joke out of it.
isn't there an anime where a girl does it because it was eating her yaoi drawings?
Thanks for the TL !

This is the first time I read the comments on this and I'm surprised how many people are upset that absurd and unrealistic things happen in a comedy ... Nothing wrong with having an attitude like that regarding something that takes itself seriously but with something like this ...

This is largely why I probably won't watch the anime, I generally like anime for good action but I prefer manga for comedy and the action in this manga has not been anything special.
the issue is not the comedy, it is more that the story started as one thing and it is currently being something completelly different. in a jarring way. we are mostly waiting for it to go back, I guess.

mainly: it started as... kinda wish-fulfillment, yes, but dude got to a fantasy world, got superpowered, recently got magic, and when he comes back to his home world he gets rid of the people who used to bully him and basically defeats a whole gang using those powers.
then... while there is some plot in fantasy land, he asks for a time until school break...
and this is the kind of thing we are getting, a slice of life where besides MC being OP there is nothing special (until the few panels of him easily wrestling a bear). for now, this all feels like... just filler.
I mean, seems like he now has a second girl interested in him but it does not even matter to me because we barely had any actual interaction between MC and the others, it is basically just "she is interested in him because she said she is". At least the richer girl is because of their interactions before he found the portal.

Dex-chan lover
I do agree this story arc is getting dragged out. To be really honest, this bit with the school trip really could have been left out. There's no real character development going on here except to show off how OP Yuuya is. And they do a much better job of that with him in the fantasy world.

Now, what I would REALLY love to see would be his friends discovering that he has this gateway into another world... and the Princess and the Assassin discovering the same.

Cue the shenanigans as you have all these people from two different worlds interacting with each other and trying to teach each other how to really live in the other's world.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what this story is anymore ahaha.
It's got gags and stuff, but the otherworld stuff mixed into it just throws it all off. If it was just one side or the other, I feel like this story would read a lot better.
Honestly it's basically just 2016 harem anime but isekai and insert all of OP power fantasy clique you can think of. It's just new arc, bad guys come, save the girl, fan service but MC never have the balls to commit to anyone. Rinse and repeat until new harem candidate appear every 2-4 arc. If the novel is the more spicy type, MC did the deeds after like 8 arc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What I find kinda detestable from all this is the fact the MC has a bevvy of women now in his pseudo-harem in both worlds. Like he's eventually only gonna be able to choose one so he's gonna hurt alot of girls over this being undecisive/dense. Also why has most of teh story so far been on the normal world and not the fantasy one? it's too lopsided and should be more equal time wise with MC having to juggle both worlds, would have made for a much better series too.

Dex-chan lover
What I find kinda detestable from all this is the fact the MC has a bevvy of women now in his pseudo-harem in both worlds. Like he's eventually only gonna be able to choose one so he's gonna hurt alot of girls over this being undecisive/dense. Also why has most of teh story so far been on the normal world and not the fantasy one? it's too lopsided and should be more equal time wise with MC having to juggle both worlds, would have made for a much better series too.
Well it just shows the nature of writing, try reading vol. 10 of light novel you will insta drop this

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it's basically just 2016 harem anime but isekai and insert all of OP power fantasy clique you can think of. It's just new arc, bad guys come, save the girl, fan service but MC never have the balls to commit to anyone. Rinse and repeat until new harem candidate appear every 2-4 arc. If the novel is the more spicy type, MC did the deeds after like 8 arc.
Source for your pfp please

Dex-chan lover
Well it just shows the nature of writing, try reading vol. 10 of light novel you will insta drop this
Whats sad is it kinda started off pretty goodish and with a somewhat properly done premise but then teetered into generic pretty quickly. I'm still hoping it goes back to form though.

Dex-chan lover
Probably going to drop this if it doesn't improve a lot and quickly. The central concept was good but it just hasn't been delivering lately. Definitely not watching the anime adaptation.
i'd drop it now then. it doesnt really get "better" just more absurd. Also mc's powerscaling gets a little wacky later (yes, even more than it already is.)

Users who are viewing this thread