Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~

Absolute meh. All the good point are countered by generic, stupid stuff. MC is ugly and weak, how can he find happiness? Turn into a strong, hot guy! That solves everything! Girls found his concern creepy, now they think he's kind! He was a wimp, but now it's humility! Morality: your personality doesn't matter, it's all about appearance.

And then, add a harem on top of that, because sex starved readers don't care about relationships, they just want t&a in their own favorite flavour. Sorry, TWO harems, one for each world.
yep you just discovered halo effect, congratulations

Double-page supporter
Does Japan hates hard work or something? why can any MC work to get cool and shit.
overcoming one short comings is the core of good story talking!

Been enjoying this manga a lot! I've been seeing the same criticisms over and over for the manga to which I find them to be quite interesting.

The common ones are:
  • He's too overpowered
  • He doesn't struggle enough or go through enough hardships
  • Making him attractive and good-looking sends the message that to be valued is based on your looks

I don't believe Yuuya is overpowered like someone from Overlord but I do believe he's very powerful. A lot of that has to do with what was left behind to him (hence the cheating part in the title) His grandpa clearly was intentionally leaving his legacy behind to someone who he knew was worthy of it based on their character. His grandpa saw he was suffering and made sure to pass along something to him that would make up for it.

I also disagree heavily with some of those other criticisms based around his struggles. Why exactly does he need to suffer in a particular way? (i.e lose battles, learn slowly, get betrayed etc) The start of his story is suffering, he's already internalized that, which is why he has no self-confidence despite repeatedly getting compliments. He's spending time training, researching and cooking etc. It is for sure coming easier to him, but why is that a bad thing exactly? He suffered already from the intense bullying and societal ostracizing but people still want him to suffer even after all that? You can write a story where the obstacles someone faces in life aren't just external.

Him being attractive instead of the small, ugly fat version of himself is a pivotal point. It's not meant to celebrate attractive people over less attractive people. Is that not a fact of reality? Are we really going to pretend superhero movies cast unattractive people? That we don't enjoy things that we perceive as beautiful more than ugly? Attractive people exist and because they are attractive, we make cursory judgements about their character. However, that doesn't mean they are not awful people. This is what's important. If he still looked as he was, sure it would be more difficult for him to overcome those obstacles of self-esteem. In fact, closer to impossible. But I think it was a wise decision to change his looks the starting line of his own self-improvement was pushed forward more. I think there is this common sentiment that we believe that looks don't matter. I think it's ridiculous. We all know looks matter. Pretending otherwise is patronizing to those whom it impacts.

TL;DR let my man cook, he's already had a shitty time. Why do people need others to suffer before they can empathize with them?

Also the anime adapation is kinda whack

Dex-chan lover
it starts pretty good like every self insert power fantasy, but after awhile it just gets boring ngl and there is no overarching plot,

goes on earth saves the girl, everybody shocked

goes on earth showes his strength, everybody shocked

goes in another world saves the girl, everybody shocked

goes in another world showes his strength, everybody shocked

goes on earth saves another girl, everybody shocked

I think you get the point, its basicly a badly done boring slice of life, and I love sol, its just repetative and boring which is a worst thing this kind of manga can be, boring

my account is new so take it with grain salt about what is my opinion of this...series

i read the LN until 12 and all i can say is nothing changed at all other than more powers, more harems, and more species with human look. that was it. if you guys expecting world building or character development, you will experienced the most devasting disappointment.

i think if the series is just about wish-fulfillment fully, it was great since that's what the wish-fulfillment story used for. to be enjoyable without caring about shits you don't care. that was where Iseleve problem comes.

Iseleve while one the nose with it's wish-fulfillment, the author also shoe-hoerning drama and serious conflict/moment there for no reason. the author somehow expecting readers to take this series seriously while enjoying the bs and nonsense trash happening there a.k.a the wish-fulfillment part. it just...messy. horribly. just doesn't blend well at all. it's like trying to blend hot oil with fresh water and expecting it to be greatest drink ever.

also, i think we need add sci-fi tags as well several ones since the author keep adding new genre on this series such as aliens, demons, and gods, all in earth instead of isekai one.

speaking of isekai, this series is less about isekai and it was more to modern bs. i love wish-fulfillment isekai like smartphone and the likes thus i decided to give this a try. imagine my disappointment when the isekai part is sooooo minimal to the point it was hard to call this isekai at all. how disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going back to Disaster of Avalon. At least the harem there are sexier.

my account is new so take it with grain salt about what is my opinion of this...series

i read the LN until 12 and all i can say is nothing changed at all other than more powers, more harems, and more species with human look. that was it. if you guys expecting world building or character development, you will experienced the most devasting disappointment.

i think if the series is just about wish-fulfillment fully, it was great since that's what the wish-fulfillment story used for. to be enjoyable without caring about shits you don't care. that was where Iseleve problem comes.

Iseleve while one the nose with it's wish-fulfillment, the author also shoe-hoerning drama and serious conflict/moment there for no reason. the author somehow expecting readers to take this series seriously while enjoying the bs and nonsense trash happening there a.k.a the wish-fulfillment part. it just...messy. horribly. just doesn't blend well at all. it's like trying to blend hot oil with fresh water and expecting it to be greatest drink ever.

also, i think we need add sci-fi tags as well several ones since the author keep adding new genre on this series such as aliens, demons, and gods, all in earth instead of isekai one.

speaking of isekai, this series is less about isekai and it was more to modern bs. i love wish-fulfillment isekai like smartphone and the likes thus i decided to give this a try. imagine my disappointment when the isekai part is sooooo minimal to the point it was hard to call this isekai at all. how disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread