Isekai de Nonbiri Iyashi te Hajimemasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
It must be rated to Falco's mother.
There were hints on the chapter.

Aw, I love that Shou is always looking for girls to have fun >u<
Ok, I bet 3 cents that Cain is the ML, Alphy was nice too
Falco will have some issues with his mother again? ):

I really wish japanese authors/mangaka would stop with the shallow "isekai-ed person comes up with a better way to do things trope". It ruins the story as it discredits all the other characters and makes them seem stupid while also making the world feel more sloppy. If you're going to make a story where mc is praised for something make it something she struggled to get or an idea that wouldn't take a modicum of intelligence to think of.

Dex-chan lover
@Zypex excellent idea. Then do it yourself.

On another note, endless journey it is, waiting for a new update. Although, for all it’s worth, I believe chap 8 part 1 was just released recently so...guess we didn’t miss a lot.

@Sadrobot
Me "doing it myself" would not magically fix the shallowness of other peoples' writing nor would it make me appreciate their writing more. So many Japanese writers include "mc is better than other people" scenes for really dumb reasons which detract from the story. For example, during chapter 4 mc comes up with the revolutionary idea of mirroring body parts when healing. Groundbreaking idea amirite? There's absolutely no way someone else has thought about doing that in the history that this world has existed.
Additionally during chapter 5 (this chapter), the author decided to bring up the completely useless plot point that slimes drop beautiful stones when stabbed twice in order to put mc on the pedestal once again. Has no other character else ever stabbed a slime twice before?
I really want to enjoy this series and I do for the most part, but scene like those above really ruin the world building and the work and effort the writer has put in. Pls writers, stop putting in scenes which appeal to the monkey brain and detract from the story you're telling.

Dex-chan lover
@Zypex ngl I’m not gonna read your thesis about isekais but what in "leisurely" is not computing? Besides, what’s the point of isekai if it’s not to use your knowledge of this Earth to make your isekai life more simple? That’s the point.

@Sadrobot
Why are you talking about "leisurely"? Quite nonsensical to bring that up from nowhere.

TLDR: info mc provides requires only small brain. no isekai knowledge given. very stupid. ruins world building.

Mirroring a body part is not revolutionary. Neither is stabbing a slime twice. Knowledge provided from mc should've already been known to natives.

Dex-chan lover
@Zypex ...read the title for me? "Leisurely" comes out of nowhere you saying? Huh...

Her main contribution to this world is not the slime thing. It’s the copy/paste mentality. Thinking of a new way to do things, to use an already existing skill, a new way to heal. Idk what you read but if you focused on that, you missed the entire plot.

@Sadrobot
"Leisurely" doesn't even contribute to the topic of writers doing a poor job world building, which is what I'm talking about...

And copying something is not even a modern concept either.

Dex-chan lover
@Zypex Idk man, it seems understandable that if she wants to live leisurely thus without troubles.
1-she will try not to do anything too big, to live normally, unnoticed.
2- try not to wreck their world with huge scientific "discoveries".
3-I doubt that if you were isekaid, you’d be capable of recreating all of our modern technology (lack of personal knowledge, lack of material, you are literally 10, you live in a cabin in the moutains in winter etc etc)
4-if it wasn’t such a big deal, I doubt the monk would tell Leon to keep it secret.
5-It’s more believable that she uses what we, modern earthlings, find like common sense when it really is not. Compared to her looking like Einstein. Heck before printing copy/paste wasn’t a thing.

Heck forget about these points. The core of isekai plots is literally:
"I struggled so much in my past life (insert corporate slave, trash neet, without family, adopted in abusive family etc etc). So in this second life, I don’t wanna struggle!"
That’s it.

Users who are viewing this thread