Isekai de Pension Hajimemashita. Sekai de Yuiitsu no Kuro Majo desu ga, Kono Chikara wa Okyaku-sama no Tame ni Tsukaimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Looks cozy but it it's a very slow burn from the looks of it... Still saved

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, slow life huh
i will read it with interest
but why Pension? Ain't that something related to money...?
From what I see, it looks like it is an inn/hotel for a place to rest at

Aggregator gang
Dex-chan lover
Why is it called pension? This seems much more like an inn to me.
Why is it called a pension? I thought a pension was the money you get from your old company after you retire?
A pension is also a place where people live. Usually pops up in movies and stories where people with tuberculosis has moved out of the city to some rural pension as part of their treatment ("for better air").
Weird, why dig up a relatively archaic word when inn or hotel would be more understandable?
afaik pension is neither an inn nor hotel, but rather more like a boarding house.
So you do overnight stays (or similar) at the inns, and then use a pension if you want to be a more permanent resident.

But I am unsure if that interpretation is correct, as it is merely the contexts/connotations of where I have seen the word "pension" used.

edit: looking at wikipedia, seems my interpretation is actually wrong, and what differentiates pension from inns is simply that lunch and dinner are included in the price - not merely breakfast.

its real cute, but what irritates me the most is that in her former life all people evacuate and then ask if their boss is ok? How come nobody realized until all got out?

Wonder if we will get a past flashback for the master and her family, it mentioned her sister can do witchcraft

Dex-chan lover
I guess the others isekai keep using inn, izayaka, etc. so they had to dig around for something more "unique" to mean "place for travelers to rest with meals included". Oh well, it'll end up the same as others anyway, aside from the name at least.

Weird, why dig up a relatively archaic word when inn or hotel would be more understandable?
It's actually quite common in Asian countries at least in Japan and Korea (as far as I know from experience) They are usually near places where tourists might want to roam further such as mountainside towns, coastlines, countrysides, (small towns an hour or two outside major cities on roads where it sucks to drive XD). It draws business from it's more western style and location as most hotels/inns will stick to the cities and tourist hotspots. They are also very commonly paired up with a small coffeeshop (at least in Korea).

tl;dr Pension is not an archaic word and you'll probably encounter Pensions more than inn or hotels outside of major cities in Korea/Japan.

Now my question is, has the author ever seen a lion tail before? XD (ex. Page 29)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread