Isekai de Pension Hajimemashita. Sekai de Yuiitsu no Kuro Majo desu ga, Kono Chikara wa Okyaku-sama no Tame ni Tsukaimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Looks cozy but it it's a very slow burn from the looks of it... Still saved

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, slow life huh
i will read it with interest
but why Pension? Ain't that something related to money...?
From what I see, it looks like it is an inn/hotel for a place to rest at

Aggregator gang
Dex-chan lover
Why is it called pension? This seems much more like an inn to me.
Why is it called a pension? I thought a pension was the money you get from your old company after you retire?
A pension is also a place where people live. Usually pops up in movies and stories where people with tuberculosis has moved out of the city to some rural pension as part of their treatment ("for better air").
Weird, why dig up a relatively archaic word when inn or hotel would be more understandable?
afaik pension is neither an inn nor hotel, but rather more like a boarding house.
So you do overnight stays (or similar) at the inns, and then use a pension if you want to be a more permanent resident.

But I am unsure if that interpretation is correct, as it is merely the contexts/connotations of where I have seen the word "pension" used.

edit: looking at wikipedia, seems my interpretation is actually wrong, and what differentiates pension from inns is simply that lunch and dinner are included in the price - not merely breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread