Isekai De Te Ni Ireta Seisan Skill Wa Saikyou Datta You Desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Going on quests in the city.

I kinda like that relationship isn't just ohhh man you saved me, now lets make babies, that they are actually like going on dates (even if the MC doesnt realize it), and getting to know each other better.

Dex-chan lover
The Japanese just love to stand by standard procedures.

"Oh, you solo'd a black spider that normally requires a whole team of A-rank adventurers, meaning that you're basically the strongest adventurer we've ever seen? Well here you go, we'll let you be a RANK D adventurer! Now go do some cooking tasks if you want to rank up higher!"

@LysandersTreason I actually think it's entirely reasonable to be required to do those sort of tasks before ranking up.

Not only does the individual build social and business connections, it also demonstrates willingness to adhere to guild rule and reliability, the latter being of particular importance in a society where you can't just look up information about people providing services.

For example, say you need a bodyguard for a trip. Which are you more likely to pick: someone you've dealt with often and has a proven track record, or a guy that is really good at killing things, but you know basically nothing else about?

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry sir, to be promoted to an executive position, you need to clean the toilet for a year. Company's policy, I'm afraid.

@Strowy I'd get the guy with a proven track record of guarding people, and most certainly not the guy who was awarded best deliveryman in the city. I can understand if it's the lowest rank, since most people there are young newbies, but for a higher rank? Not to mention he already have a decent reputation and known to have a good personality, plus confirmed to be unbelievably strong. If it's me, it's straight to A, or at least a B or C if you want to push the 'inexperienced' excuse.

@Strowy yeah but it doesn't work like that. I wouldn't hire the bodyguard directly through connection, I would send the work note to the "bodyguards guild" they send me what I need. Also is not the first time he defeat an A rank moster alone.

It's as @LysandersTreason said: they like their procedure and bureaucracy, it's a bad clichè.

Dex-chan lover
Receptionist lady sure is thirstyfast!
2-5e6ba2f9c145a47e744a0a9e4603bd2a90146de6f611b8a0041405791dd21116.png

Fed-Kun's army
and then
they discover modern city ruins, and he realized its Earth in future....i know hes summoned to another world, but i already seen this situation where MC was summoned to "another world" and it was Earth the whole time😁
just my thoughts 😅

Fed-Kun's army
@deadrabbits maybe, i'm bad at remebering names. but i think i saw similar situations in more than one manga., maybe even in manhwa

Dex-chan lover
waitaminnit.

'I don't want to eat meat, but beef is OK, but no chicken'? What kind of plant is a 'beef'?

I don't know what @CronosusCZ is referring to, but if you're interesting in that sort of series, @deadrabbits , I would recommend Helck. It's very good.

Also, if you remember what that manga was you read, let me know as well. I'd appreciate it.

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason : the city quests are the ones where they would get a better understanding of the adventurers personality, which is something that they need if the higher ranks start interacting with more important individuals (nobles), and setting the requirement a rank or 2 before that would give them time to try and correct the adventurer's flaws.

It is counter productive to just give the rank to someone who causes problems for the guild, or lets their rank go to their head.

Though I would expect most meet the city quest requirement well before the other requirements for C-rank.

Though it really depends on the nature of the world, but if they want the adventurers to not be social outcasts pushed to the fringes, then a system like this makes sense. If it is all about combat, then you get the series where adventurers exist on the fringes of society, and are not fully trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread