Isekai de Uwamae Hanete Ikiteiku ~Saisei Mahoutsukai no Yuru Fuwa Jinzai Haken Seikatsu~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Episode 18

Dex-chan lover
ok but i understand his feeling, when i moved to the states from my home country and like 10 yrs later a afro-market started selling one of the ingredients of my childhood i almost started crying when i made the dish with it.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur good work...
^^...

A sudden workload is the worst one...
(OωO`)...

ok but i understand his feeling, when i moved to the states from my home country and like 10 yrs later a afro-market started selling one of the ingredients of my childhood i almost started crying when i made the dish with it.
Yep, it's not the taste that hit hard, it's the nostalgia...
The taste suitable with other people r just another plus...

Dex-chan lover
Japan man has found his equivalent of black gold. Which is just utterly stupid. He has run an entire mercantile side gig specializing in food. For years no less! Scouring the countryside for new seasonings and regional food stuffs. And it's only  NOW that he stumbles onto soy sauce? Due to his sister-in-law... madness! His scouts should be whipped, whipped I say!

On a slightly more serious note. It is kind of silly that the MC has been running cafes, coffee houses and cafeterias for years and it's only now that he stumbles onto something that could be described as right under his nose. Mostly because every Japanman that becomes a merchant of any stripe makes it their mission in life to track down rice and soy sauce, the ingredients to make it, or the closest replacement for said ingredients.

Dex-chan lover
It would be funny if the soy sauce is actually a known regional delicacy and sawadi is the only one unaware because he rarely goes to other regions lol
Which is the part I find almost irrationally stupid. The dude's entire side hustle is catering and confections, and has been for many years. He built up a merchant house to collect and gather ingredients for his different restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and cafeterias. Japanman can't call himself a true man of culture unless he has done his utmost to find rice and soy sauce, or their closest alternatives.

Fed-Kun's army
I dont get why in the profile picture of this manga, he is in chains. What happns?
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Which is the part I find almost irrationally stupid. The dude's entire side hustle is catering and confections, and has been for many years. He built up a merchant house to collect and gather ingredients for his different restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and cafeterias. Japanman can't call himself a true man of culture unless he has done his utmost to find rice and soy sauce, or their closest alternatives.
Though i think it's more correct to say that Sawadi don't know about it more because he didn't search rather than him failing to find these japanese-esque ingredients, yea he runs a side gig in culinary industry and regularly do RnD to introduce recipes but he does it with stuff available in town or in the shecker family inventory.

I feel like sawadi, the guy who whole goal is to laze and live via passive income, didn't actually go around and search for new ingredients and instead the main Shecker family business is the one that goes around and find these new wares to trade (such as that mushroom that's basically shiratake which Sawadi only discover after he rumages through the shecker stock and later offered to cultivate it), and the main family business is run by the father and elder brother. Sawadi's own company basically mostly deal with service and manufactured products with only monster parts and magic stone for raw material trade, While the shecker company is a freight and grocer trade giant

Dex-chan lover
then a continental war happen because someone dont give the dem sauce (soy sauce)

Users who are viewing this thread