Isekai Henshuusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1 - The Role of a Court Manga Editor

Dex-chan lover
It's actually pretty arrogant to treat the Demon Lord as if they've done nothing wrong and are not a true problem without ever actually learning about them.

Like dude knows jack squat about the total situation and he has the gall to say that there's a way to win (bring peace) without killing the demon lord. Maybe it's true, it likely is since it's coming from his mouth and isekai are predictable as hell, but for all he knows the Demon Lord is literally an incarnation of evil that knows nothing but death and destruction and won't stop until it's dead/sealed away. My guy, at least ask some questions before you pick a side.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually pretty arrogant to treat the Demon Lord as if they've done nothing wrong and are not a true problem without ever actually learning about them.

Like dude knows jack squat about the total situation and he has the gall to say that there's a way to win (bring peace) without killing the demon lord. Maybe it's true, it likely is since it's coming from his mouth and isekai are predictable as hell, but for all he knows the Demon Lord is literally an incarnation of evil that knows nothing but death and destruction and won't stop until it's dead/sealed away. My guy, at least ask some questions before you pick a side.
Knowing jack squat about the total situation sounds like the bulk of human existence. Everyone has their limited view and formulates their beliefs as best they can. Since our MC is from another world his beliefs are going to be unique no matter what he learns of this new world. They've given him no time to learn anything and were about to exile him, so he has no choice but to bet on what he knows.

And from another direction, the isekai people already tried beating the demon lord with violence and failed. Protag might as well try to solve the problem with an outside the box solution, i.e. turn the demon lord into a NEET.

Dex-chan lover
Knowing jack squat about the total situation sounds like the bulk of human existence. Everyone has their limited view and formulates their beliefs as best they can. Since our MC is from another world his beliefs are going to be unique no matter what he learns of this new world.
That's not the problem I have, it's that he's supposed to be a professional and making huge assumptions off the bat. He's obviously going to be right but as a professional your first responsibility is to talk and get a lay of the land. His actions are supposed to affect an entire kingdom's worth of people, jumping off and assuming things when your job as an editor requires critical thinking is out of character.

They've given him no time to learn anything and were about to exile him, so he has no choice but to bet on what he knows.
He's sitting at a dinner table with the king, literally the best place to ask these questions.

And from another direction, the isekai people already tried beating the demon lord with violence and failed. Protag might as well try to solve the problem with an outside the box solution, i.e. turn the demon lord into a NEET.
Something failing doesn't automatically mean it's the wrong solution, though. It could just be that you sucked at doing what you were trying to do. After asking those questions and hearing them, THEN it would be nice for him to come to that conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
Some good ol Gurren Laga, don't believe in yourself Savior, believe in the Laila that believes in the Savior!

The demon lord is conveniently going to end being not as bad, just so that he can actually save the world with manga, which is probably why the author is in no rush whatsoever to spend time informing us or the characters about the demon lord

One thing is certain tho, it wont be Hittler, probably some bootleg Bowser kind of "villain"

Supporter
And as the comments pointed out in the previous chapters...What does he hope to accomplish himself? He's the editor of the series, not the author/artist. Now, he certainly should have experience enough to be able to craft the continuation of the story (even if different from what was envisioned back in Japan), but the art behind it is a different thing entirely.

In the end I imagine it'll come down to magic to do it in order to hand wave those "technicalities" away.

Fed-Kun's army
He's the editor of the series, not the author/artist
Yeah, this is arguably the single worst skill set to have in a medieval society. Your only major responsibility that isn't dependent on the skills of another person is knowing what's popular (which he doesn't, because of the culture shift). Even if he did have a great artist with him, it's like being a good guitarist in WWII Austria. Instead of preaching about a sad joke of a skill that's way down the hierarchy of needs to someone who's facing annihilation, just admit you're useless so the leaders stop wasting time on you.

An editor is the middle man between the creative and the publisher. Until there exists an author/artist, and a means of publication, he isn't much use. He may have an idea of how to set this up, but again he is an editor not a businessman who knows how to establish a publishing house. Given that this is an isekai all of these things will magically be resolved I assume. The obvious angle here is peace and prosperity through mutual enjoyment of recreational media. We'll ignore the economic limitations as usual I assume.

Power Uploader
An Isekai protagonist that isn't a stuttering coward!? Surely, you jest.

He literally pulled out the "be the person they believe you are" to motivate himself. What a chad move

Dex-chan lover
King really said "I want to trust in our subordinates."

The same mf who almost banished a summoner because she pulled a bad gacha.

If you've ever been a wagie that faced the "We're a family" bullshit from work, you should be angry

Users who are viewing this thread