Isekai Izakaya "Gen" - Vol. 7 Ch. 39 - The First Marie

Dex-chan lover
So the First Marie probably was too dedicated to her work, basically married to it, and didn't want her lover, the cuckhold man, to feel sidelined so she made the excuse she found another lover and told him to find another lover to be with...
Now I can't wait to see when the two see each other again and get back together again over.

Thanks for the translations and all the work you've done! Really appreciate it!!!

Dex-chan lover
So the poor dude was cockblocked by her intense work ethic? Dang, I never knew modern drama like that would pop up in Industrial Revolution period like this, and on another world to boot.
Seems to me it's more like she ended their relationship for what she thought was his own good due to her new position putting her right in the middle of politics only to have accidentally ruined him in the process.

Dex-chan lover
So the First Marie probably was too dedicated to her work, basically married to it, and didn't want her lover, the cuckhold man, to feel sidelined so she made the excuse she found another lover and told him to find another lover to be with...
Now I can't wait to see when the two see each other again and get back together again over.

Thanks for the translations and all the work you've done! Really appreciate it!!!

Another possibility is just misunderstandings: if she told him "there's someone I wish to remain by their side" (she means serving the princess for life) but he took that as her having another man she love.

I wonder whether they will meet in the future chapters.

Well, Anatole looks to be a frequent regular, so it should lines up eventually.

Dex-chan lover
It always amazes me how isekai izakaya series always able to tell stories about how broad the world is while also making it as if it's a small world with all these fateful encounters .

Users who are viewing this thread