Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 14 Ch. 82 - Tempura and One Drawing

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the quick updates!

Hopefully someone will take over Izakaya Gen's scanlation too.

Dex-chan lover
Your translating Nobu is deeply appreciated. Take your time! It's enough to get it translated at all, and you've been doing such an awesome job.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah furitto can be translated as "fritter", but writing it as "fritte" is fine too. I did like it when the previous scanlater kept the German(ish) words in.

Dex-chan lover
The fried food line make a little more sense if you consider that he recognized it's a fried item, but that the batter looks a bit different so he's just giving impression of 'this seem similar to this other thing'

You can probably get away leaving it as 'fritte'. Not like it's the first time the series, or you for that matter, leave the term in the other language (black pepper in this chapter, there's also schnitzel vs tonkatsu earlier in the series for food)
Nobu's might use Panko in their tempura prep, which would be impossible to create in the isekai. Panko is made from bread cooked in a unique way using electricity. I think that a current is run directly through the dough to give crumbs made from it the unique 'crystalline' texture and appearance. It's a really strange kind of ingredient, with a colorful story.

Late in World War II, after the Yalta conference in 1945, the Japanese were involved in a land battle with Russia. A tank crew hankering for fresh baked bread, but worried that a fire would give away their location, attached their tank’s battery to a hunk of dough and electrocuted it. They found that this made the leftover crumbs light and fluffy — and, over an unspecified period of time, the process was honed to created panko breadcrumbs.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation, and the very educational TN.

Also, I think there might be a typo in the last speech bubble in the meme page; unless I'm missing something, "I gotta tell all by boys" contains a diction error.
Some of the business-oriented stories here remind me of Spice and Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread