Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 6 Ch. 36 - Simmered Beef Tendon with Miso

Aggregator gang
@Riku_is_here dude...lol. It is always better to have overcooked beef tendon than undercooked one. Have you try cooking beef tendon into a meat ball? in my opinion, beef tendon meat ball is the best way to eat beef tendon.

Dex-chan lover
> All i can say, base on personal experience, what ever the restaurant is, if there is a Shinobu-san like staff there, then by all means all the foods taste great
Eventually you will order second serving if a Shinobu-san like staff will be serving you...

> What if i mimic this Chef reaction when eating to some Izekaya?
The like Shinobu, she was puzzled by the mysterious behavior he's been showing while eating.

If i did it, and murmur my critics and or review on the food, should they kicked me out on the restaurant for being noisy?

Double-page supporter
Isaac's right... They know how to use almost everything without waste...

Dex-chan lover
Goddamned covid! I want to travel back to Japan already! I miss the food so much! T^T

Dex-chan lover
Ai-chan always wondered, whenever these people make requests, do they actually pay or did the cook do it for free, such as when that guard dude scraped the leftover flesh of fish and then asked the cook to cook fried rice with it.

It's strange to Ai-chan because medieval cuisines in taverns are usually ready made. You have a choice of bread, meat, soup and ale with the bread usually bought from a bakery. You could ask for different ales, mix and match different food and ask for larger helping, but you couldn't ask for custom-made foods. If the meat of the day was roast venison, you coukdn't ask for beef or request the venison to be deep fried. If the soup of the day was vegetable soup, you couldn't as the chef to make mushroom soup. You just take what's available.

Dex-chan lover
@humbleoverlord Are we talking about the beef balls they have at Chinese hot pot (the chewiness of those surprised me the first time I had them), or we talking about making some Italian-style/Lion's Head meatballs? If it's the latter, that's an intriguing idea...

Double-page supporter
I just finished watching the Trash Taste episode about Japanese cooking and there is a part of the show where they say in Japan the base level of food expectation is so high, even in things like fast food, because of the food culture there. People just take pride in the food, every step and ingredient is made with love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhJIRpLrPE&ab_channel=TrashTaste

Dex-chan lover
@Mojo I mean, just look at their lunch boxes. If I was gonna make lunch and fit like, 5 different side dish and rice in one small box, it'd look like a pet bowl filled with left overs, lol.

Double-page supporter
I miss simmered beef tendon
maybe I go back to my hometown at the end of the year

Users who are viewing this thread