Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 6 Ch. 36 - Beef Tendon Doteyaki

Contributor
@MoeMoeKyun I checked Toor's discord and it didn't look like they dropped it. I'm assuming this guy just got impatient.

I think I'll wait and see if TOOR will release a version though. There's way too much that's untranslated, the anti-aliasing on the font is all screwy, the type setting isn't great, the word flow is rather poor, and the font itself has terrible kerning.

EDIT: @KitsuneAoi Looking forward to it.

@KitsuneAoi

Ok so it's a snipe basically. I do hope TOOR will continue with this series even though it's been sniped because I like your translations a lot better.

Group Leader
We're translating so we can read the manga faster, hopefully Toor can release better versions when they do :)

Anyone who said this is dropped by TOOR, pls, do yourselves a bloody favor and ask one of us DIRECTLY.
I'm the TS for Nobu from TOOR. Rn, I'm in the mid of TSing this chapter. It'll be out soon after QC & release by our head, Ron_BWL.

I always assumed that the “Dote” would be from the use of Miso, as the “Dote” in Dotenabe (土手鍋) refers to the Miso applied to the wall on the pot, looking like a mud wall.
As for the Yaki, normally Doteyaki in Osaka is sold in Kushikatsu places, where it’s on a stick. So, something (normally tendon) on a stick with mud (miso)?

Edit: the Japanese wiki for Doteyaki does say that it used to be cooked in the same way as Dotenabe, with skewers used. So Dote refers to the cooking method using a Miso wall.

Dex-chan lover
sfx list... amazing

as for drama... i actually like to read versions by different tls. it's very interesting to me, and it usually helps convey the meanings even better

Dex-chan lover
@Doenyon That is one of the funny things about cooking and many other things, it is stimulated by necessity and curiosity. Something i find even funnier is that many dishes that at some point were adopted by the "noble" class were initially created by the "peasants".

Is that really the first page of the manga? Since i feels like its the middle part of it 🤔 or maybe im wrong?

Group Leader
@Opelia Yep, it is (as per the raws). So Issak ate shrimp tempura, then mushroom, then gobou, then doteyaki. The flashback to Arnoux does detract the story a bit though.

He was basically served beef stew that was worked over for days. As long as the food is perpetually being heated by fire, it will be edible.

@alacaelum just like how ribs used to be poor people food, but then the rich went "the fuck are you eating? Gimme some" before going "holy shit, this is amazing. let's popularize it and then make restaurants dedicated to it to jack up the price"

Dex-chan lover
> All i can say, base on personal experience, what ever the restaurant is, if there is a Shinobu-san like staff there, then by all means all the foods taste great
Eventually you will order second serving if a Shinobu-san like staff will be serving you...

> What if i mimic this Chef reaction when eating to some Izekaya?
The like Shinobu, she was puzzled by the mysterious behavior he's been showing while eating.

If i did it, and murmur my critics and or review on the food, should they kicked me out on the restaurant for being noisy?

Dex-chan lover
thank you to the group that picked this up, i love this manga and i don't understand why people keep giving up on it.

Dex-chan lover
@Tangtay prisoners used to riot new england when they were served it.

it is basically a bottom feeding bug, tbh, and incredibly difficult to cook properly, but frankly shrimp are much more disgusting.

@fform seafood is amazing, and shrimp is no different. What, do you find them weird just because their hearts are in their heads?

Users who are viewing this thread