The Unrivaled Reincarnated Sage of Another World ~The Strongest in Another World Through Game Knowledge~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The world where I was reinc…

Dex-chan lover
I remember bla bla bla from BBQ

Back in BBQ...

The system for learning skills is the same as BBQ...

...I'm hungry.

How does the mc remember how to swing a blade but when he play the vrmmo he was using mouse and keyboard.........

Group Leader
@Bidorchar because it’s easier for the readers to have a sense of this world values. So when he buy a sword for 5000 coin you will know if it’s cheap or expensive

Personally I prefer knowing the world currency value by knowing what’s the minimum coins required to have decent life for a day ( three meals , cloths and accommodation)

Fed-Kun's army
What a generic setup. Art is good so I'll continue reading to see if any cute waifus are introduced.

wow.... what a life... instead of enjoying life, family, loved ones... he chosed video games for 3 years... then say, k thx bye.

He comes off as an ungrateful unlikeable bum, with his knowledge he could help himself and his family. But instead he chooses to stay in his room being an emo.

@coldb7 you do realize he hasn't been treated all that well right? There really isn't a lot for him to be grateful for. Also, him staying behind with his family will obly slow him down from accomplishing all that he can with his knowledge. He can always come back to be 'grateful' as you put it.

Doesn't make sense why not take the free money. That kinda overconfidence is just dumb

@Sturdy

"you do realize he hasn't been treated all that well right? There really isn't a lot for him to be grateful for." He looks well fed and has his own room so he couldn't have been treated that badly, its not like they beat him and through him out on the street to fend for himself, and that's silly when you they branded him a "god of pestilence" yet kept taking care of him lol.

"Also, him staying behind with his family will obly slow him down from accomplishing all that he can with his knowledge" uhmm why?

"He can always come back to be 'grateful' as you put it." or he could just teach them or his older brother "self-clean" before he left.

@coldb7 they did the bare minimum of decency to keep him alive and well considering hes part of a noble household. They were waiting for him to come of age so they could kick him out of the house. Again, he doesn't really have any obligations to teach his family anything such as self-clean. His brother who did treat him favorably on the other hand, could have been returned with a favor but he will probably do that one way or another later in the story.

And why should he stay behind with the family? I don't get your point there.

The only thing that really matters in this chapter is whether or not he successfully pressed enter or not

@Sturdy

"they did the bare minimum of decency to keep him alive and well considering hes part of a noble household." Not from the way he looks, not underfed (in fact his in pretty good health) and not living under the stairs harry potter style.
"Again, he doesn't really have any obligations to teach his family anything such as self-clean." I disagree they've taking care of him up to this point , there's no reason for him not to share knowledge that would cost him nothing and help them immensely, even just his brother. It was just dumb way the author came up to get him out of the house.

When I ever see this MC's, I can't help but think there's a reason there treated this way, probably a loner who mooched off his family and contributed nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@coldb7 Abusers don't often let it become public knowledge that they're abusing you. This would be especially true for nobles. Unless you're a really high ranking noble family, anything that would make it clear he isn't being treated properly could be a threat to their reputation, which they need if they want their family name to mean something.

A malnourished, broken and battered child isn't exactly the kind of thing you want the king to hear about when he has the ability and legal right to leave and head to the Church, an entity who has the power to go after your head in their own right. Even in the real world we made attempts to end the flow of noble abuse, I.E. the Peace of God which later developed into the more robust Truce of God laws.

If you want to read what the Peace of God and Truce of God rules were then here's a short summary:
The Peace of God was quite specific in its prohibitions. Nobles were prohibited from invading churches, stealing from churches, stealing farm animals, beating peasants, beating farm animals, burning down peasant houses, stealing grain from the fields, stealing grain from the mills, cutting down fruit trees, and so on.

Virtually every violent act that a knight or noble could do to a non-knight or non-noble was included within the Peace of God and forbidden by it. The Truce of God came somewhat later. It was first proclaimed in 1027 at another church council, called the Council of Toulouges, also in southern France.

If the Peace of God protected categories of people, the Truce of God attempted to proscribe any fighting whatsoever within the medieval nobility during certain periods of the year, even certain days of the week. No beating of peasants was allowed on these days and no fighting with one another.

At first, the periods were rather limited. The Truce of God forbade any warfare from, say, the beginning of Lent to the end of Easter season, or on Sundays.

Over time, the Truce of God, as it was renewed during the 11th century, became more extensive. By 1100, weekends, the Christmas season, as well as the holidays, were a period of peace and restraint.

I also think it's weird that you bring up Harry Potter because he wasn't malnourished either, even if he was forced to sleep under the stairs, there were no physical signs of his mistreatment, but it was very obvious he was mistreated if you saw it from the inside instead of the outside. Sturdy isn't wrong in saying that he doesn't owe anything to his family based on the fact he was legally required to live there, likely with his brother acting as a shield his whole life. So no, it's unlikely they could do very much lasting physical harm to him, even if they wanted to.

I DO however think he should be grateful that they allowed him to live, knowing what kind of people they are they probably could have hired an assassin to take him out or something but they chose not to. So while that kind of thing should be the bare minimum, when the bar is so low you do have to count your blessings so...take that as you may.

Edit:
Nevermind, next chapter makes this part null and void.

@Hitspark

You're theory crafting, from what we've seen from so far, at worst his family ignored him,
there's no reason for him not to prove himself useful by teaching his family a low level skill that cost him nothing.
This is just an excuse by the author to get the MC out of the house/village and never return, while also trying to make you feel bad for him, even he was lucky enough to be born in noble family .
"the I was a born in a noble family but the don't like me" is a trope I'm starting to see more and more.

Dex-chan lover
@coldb7 You can say I'm "theory crafting" till you're blue in the face, but the best you have is your own opinion while the setting refers to them as Lower Nobles, clearly implying that the setting follows some level of Medieval European rule, the fact the Church is so actively involved in a rite of passage also heavily confirms that the Church DOES have some intense power in this universe.

There's also the very next chapter which states
that the gear he was given was so bad that it was likely that whoever gave it to him was in fact trying to kill him. The story is telling us that his family legitimately took this as an opportunity to get him axed out there on the road.
the fact they waited so long only gives creedence to the idea that they tolerated his existence due to some external pressure. The meta reason behind him leaving is irrelevant, we're talking about the story reason. What the story implying and explicitly saying and why that matters and whether, based on it's statements, he should show a level of gratitude or not.

The story is showing us that his family legitimately does not want him around. Period. He even says that he hasn't talked to his dad in 3 months, even though they live in the same house. He doesn't say he hasn't SEEN him, but that they haven't spoken. That's active avoidance. He has no reason to show gratitude to people who only let him live because they felt like they were forced to. The first chance they had of getting rid him without trouble, they took it. Gratitude is earned, not given. So while you may feel he has no reason not to, aside from what the story is implying is a clear level of negligence and abuse, he has no reason to do so either.

Honestly, the way you're talking sounds like he should be grateful they didn't snip off his genitals and throw him in a dungeon because anything less is something he should walk off and act like there were no problems. That's just not logical, that's like saying "Abuse is only abuse when it reaches my sensibilities" and that's not how it works. The only way I could see you arguing some level of gratefulness is if you're arguing from a moral standpoint - the counter to which would be their own negative behavior towards him.

Quite frankly, why should a victim of negligence and abuse be grateful to the abusers when the only reason they did the good things they did for him, wasn't even out of the kindness of their own hearts but to avoid trouble with the law? I just don't get the logic behind it and I don't think you could make a suitable case for it either.

Users who are viewing this thread