Isekai Kenja no Tensei Musou ~Geemu no Chishiki de Isekai Saikyou~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The cathedral was in ruins.

Group Leader
@AFresherPerspective Proofreader asked about it since it does sound weird, but that's legitimately what he says in japanese. It sounds equally as dumb in either language if you're wondering.

Group Leader
@Sturdy This chapter doesn't show up in the web novel (Might show up in the light novel), so you can guess this is filler, around 3/4s of the chapter is.

Guy attempts to legitimately murder someone for no real reason and the MC doesn't retaliate, nor does anyone seem to care. Typical shitty writing from Japan

>Guy attempts to legitimately murder someone for no real reason and the MC doesn't retaliate, nor does anyone seem to care. Typical shitty writing from Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Also, the MC did retaliate.

Dex-chan lover
This writing needs to cut down on the false modesty crap it's actually really fucking grating. I know it's a Japan thing but it's getting in the way of writing at this point and makes the MC seem like's both bland and treating this like a video game. It's really fucking annoying. I know other isekai have this, but this one is so paper-thin it's really obnoxious here.

HEY! LET ME DISPLAY SKILLS BEYOND THESE YOKELS COMPREHENSION... oops i seem to have drawn too much attention to myself, shouldn’t do that again.

Dex-chan lover
@R4nd0mus3r - it's a matter of standards. People who have unlimited lives and quick respawns in a game can get a lot more skilled than people who have only one life and have to take care of it. Discussing strategies with the whole world on forums is also worth a lot.
I suspect people of this world are reasonably capable compared to authentic medieval people.

@Seraphsent - "treating it like video game" is a serious problem for people who went to game worlds or got to keep their game powers. This can be both strength and weakness.

This job change is being built up so much at this point. I am getting hyped to see it happen finally.

alu

Dex-chan lover
@Lecarm @AFresherPerspective Proofreader asked about it since it does sound weird, but that's legitimately what he says in japanese. It sounds equally as dumb in either language if you're wondering.

Maybe "cathedral" and "main church" are the same in japanese?
She thinking the MC means the "main church" when talking about a church doesn't sound so weird.

HE: Then, sorry for bothering you so soon, but can you get me to that church... ?
SHE: Huh...? That's not the main church, you know?

Group Leader
@alu The word in Japanese is Dai Kyoukai (大教会), Kyoukai being church, dai being big. As to how I got to Cathedral.

ca·the·dral
/kəˈTHēdrəl/
noun
the principal church of a diocese, with which the bishop is officially associated.

Dex-chan lover
In an earlier chapter I could explain some of his behavior as being cautious and withholding information on purpose, to gain time to verify the correlation between his game info and the new world reality, but this time he indeed was purely dumb. Sure, it's nice to be allowed to eat in peace, but the fact is he still didn't get to finish his meal without an interruption because he needed to beat the bastard first. He might have as well taken his plate and finished the food standing elsewhere, or something. But of course if he wants maximum fame, as opposed to avoiding attention like he told the businesswoman earlier, I guess this made more sense. He's one of the talk the talk but don't walk the walk guys.

Group Leader
@jackty89 Manga changed from a monthly to a bi weekly release, so we're 6 chapters behind. I at least have the translations up to chapter 9, so it's just a matter of getting them redrawn and typeset.

Users who are viewing this thread