Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 3 Ch. 21.1

Dex-chan lover
Theres a fucking republican group of city states in the neighboorhood, holy shit who in their right mind would want royalty when you got the best political system ever right fucking next door?

OF FUCKIGN COURSE!
Ask the roman neighbors.

Democracy wasnt popular till an emperor slapped europe in the face with revolutionary ideas and puppet 'democracies' thousands of years later.

Dex-chan lover
What Almus is proposing is technically something like what happened to Japan before (I think this was the Meiji reform) where the nobles will become prefects of their regions or maybe like a governor of a state in the US.
They will all have to convene in the central/capital to discuss and debate on how things should go and what policies to enforce much like a congress (may it be in a bicameral or parliamentary form). Convening physically serves a functional and a figurative purpose as not only are they able to settle stuff face to face but it also gives the impression that they can only function at a 'central' point and are all in check and balance of each other and also watched over by a king.
It's very much what is happening in our modern times in a republic government but here they are still going to keep the nobility (i.e. they will not hold public elections to vote leaders).

Dex-chan lover
Ah yeah what a bad idea, sudden change like this just starts rebellions. The people will love it but the nobility will invade over this. Also I tohught this kingdom was all men/farmers were the troops and the type they were was all dependent on what they could bring to the field? So just take all the civvies away from the nobility and they'll haven o free standing able soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread