Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 31.2

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx

Yeah, people like that can cause great misunderstandings and ruin the image of something. I hope we all may never become like that, accidentally or otherwise.

Supporter
If I may be a third party trying to butt into the conversation - @boag, from my standpoint (and only reading the last few posts), it appears that you're the one who's preventing the argument from being possibly constructive.

My view of the argument is that CyanHide appears to be taking issue with your definition of "thirty years old", and is asking you why you think the subject is thirty years old (quote: "Does the fact that he has his memories of a past life intact make him older? Would it be fine if he had no memories, like traditional interpretations of reincarnation?"), yet you appear to be completely avoiding that line of thought by insisting that sex between a thirty-year-old and a fifteen-year-old is inappropriate. This is holding up the conversation from a natural progression. You should probably be responding by starting with why you think MC is thirty years old, even if the reason seems obvious to you.

If you do think that, for example, the fact the MC lived to adulthood in a previous life or has memories of living to adulthood makes the current him a bona fide thirty-year-old, and say so, then we can probably end the argument right there as a difference in opinion and both of you can respect that difference in opinion.

@CyanHide - If what set you off was his comment "so you see nothing wrong with a 30+ Yo Dude engaging in sexual activities with a 15Yo? ill say it again, have you stated this to your family?", I don't think that was intended to imply that you and your family were in support of pedophilia. It looks like he was asking from the assumption that your family, if asked such a question, would react badly. That he used the word "stated" instead of "asked" seems to indicate he believes you already "see nothing wrong with a 30+ Yo Dude engaging in sexual activities with a 15Yo", though, but it's possible that that was just a bad word choice, given the way he was trying to attack the assumption.

Dex-chan lover
@AKAAkira
I do believe my last question should give you the information required, my assumption is that yes, the dude has the mentality of a 30+ YO.

And yes, i actually would have conceded the argument immediatly if the counter rebuttal had been "well hes 15 biologically right now".
I would still find it a bit disturbing, which was the whole point of my initial statement, and its something people should find a bit disturbing, and it was mostly aimedas a jab a the crowd of people that respond with little gems like "YEAH ALPHA MC GONNA GET SOME FUG", no, im not being hyperbolic, youve probably seen several posts like that before.

Dex-chan lover
@AKAAkira

Yeah, that is an accurate understanding of my views.

@boag

Yeah, there are weirdos like that in the comments section. I assume they are teenagers projecting themselves on MC, but nothing is certain on the internet.

Can we make peace, I apologize for dragging out the conflict longer than necessary.

@Zirconium_Corporation
It doesn't matter if he thinks of himself as a teenager. He's not a teenager. However he thinks of himself it doesn't negate the years of living and experience he has, which is the point I'm making. It's like saying a vampire who became a vampire when they were 17 will always be 17, no matter how many centuries they've been alive. Unless his memories were erased when he got Isekai'd, the years just keep adding on.

@Laho
I'd read that manga.

@Kalamel
I read the first five chapters of that, and...nothing in it disagrees with me. In fact it enforces what I'm saying. Charlotte's acting responsibly/naturally there, even though she's been in her new body for eight years. Once you've had over 100 years of consciousness, the priorities of 18-year olds are going to seem kinda petty and trite. To say nothing of the capacity to predict and manipulate your apparent peers, even if you don't do it. Like I said, a vampire who's been around for centuries but got turned when they were 17 is not a teenager, by any meaningful definition of the word. And I agree, it is their duty...but it shouldn't have been, because it's creepy that they got married in the first place. Though, again, it's CLEAR that she is not being manipulated, and is gung-ho about things. That's the only real saving grace to any of it.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide
tis the internet my dude, holding grudges is stupid with how many people we interact everyday, hell we are complete strangers, debating points should always take precedent over personalities.

all has been cool in my book and I appreciate it is also cool in yours.

Dex-chan lover
@BlueThunder

Well, my point is, while it indeed natural to feel massive age gap, it come with downside that only YOU feel it. The surrounding will find that you are the weird one. Both side must adapt somehow to their respective situations or it will resulted in some weird fish-out-of-water case. And I don't think this result of their adaptation is wrong at all. To specify, I believe that change your initial social construct mind to your new society is not wrong, though I can't say that it's right in every situations.

And I will not argue about ability to manipulate. IMO every relationships have some degree of manipulation and I'm not equipped to draw a clear line in that muddy field.

Dex-chan lover
@CyanHide
How is MC a pedophile? They are biologically the same age. The brain fully develops at 25. He would think like a 15 year old, or whatever age he biologically is, with the information he remembers. Does the fact that he has his memories of a past life intact make him older? Would it be fine if he had no memories, like traditional interpretations of reincarnation?
fwiw, like 90% of isekai protags that get reincarnated as babies (+ that we actually see them be babies for) have completely adult thought processes+internal monologues regardless of their brains biologically being baby-grade pudding, isekai actually caring about the biological brain development of the MC is more the exception vs the norm. So until it's explicitly mentioned, it's probably safer to consider him mentally a 30 year old vs a 15 year old.

Aggregator gang
And so they did the most important thing as masters of the land: they started planning how to expand their territory and working in some other stuff. OF COURSE they DID NOT mean that as in having intercourse, what the hell are you all thinking!! They are kids for the love of God!!
Imagine that is what actually happened according to next chapter's intro pages....

Remember "you can only fuck when you're 18" is a modern concept that is more or less hundred years old.

Supporter
So let me throw this into the pot, for those that are claiming he's 30+ despite really being only about 17ish. So how would you describe someone with this opposite problem, such as in cases like intellectual disability where an adult's brain stopped developing at a young age. With the logic being thrown around here, despite a person being, say 25 years old but with a mentality of a 6 year old, he is therefore only 6 and not actually 25. Would we ignore his biological body and his actual age for his mental age, or would his biological age triumph over mental?

The other thing that I see a lot when it comes to isekai and this topic is that in reality many of the MC's past experiences, memories and culture would eventually be replaced by the world he is currently in. For example, if I were to move to Russia for 10 years, coming back to America would be strange since I had grown accustomed to Russian culture and formalities. After years of being told "It's OK to marry at 15", no matter what you currently think you will eventually start thinking "It's OK to marry at 15" as well. People on this site tend to forget just how easy it is to reprogram our brains.

people go through great lengths to defend statutory rape. I'm not saying that it doesn't fit into the story; but that's only because the author has specifically made a world where this is okay - and in addition made the MC okay with fucking someone that's way younger than himself mentally.

Contributor
I hope they're ready to raise those heirs if they're starting as early as this

Dex-chan lover
knew this chapter wold have a ton of comments. to many to read. so I'll just use my imagination, and move on...

Users who are viewing this thread