Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 39.1

Aggregator gang
on one hand you can openly shelter them, even if the king sides with you it's a big fight...but on the other you can shelter them in secret in a place your enemy cant/wont look outside your "official" territory...if he makes a big fuss over it, you can just show they aren't in your territory and he looks like an idiot to his allies which weakens him even further than the loss of manpower that started the whole mess
nice move

Dex-chan lover
Because of the inconsistent stories between the refugees I kind of feel like this is a trojan horse, if not poisoned pawn.

Dex-chan lover
@Mangareader well its only inconsistent regarding rape and pillaging. But as the other vassals stated everything else is true including primae noctis

@Mangareader @SunSun also small inconsistencies are bound to happen on a large group of people, what matters is that the taxes problem is confirmed and, although no exact crime can be named, they pretty much confirm that there are bad things happening ( probably under the rug, thats why the inconsistency).
Also, can i say that Prima Noctis sounds like a realy stupid thing to do? I mean, a wll trained assassin can take advanrage of that....
( also,pretty bad moraly, didnt mention because its obvius)

Double-page supporter
@Mangareader This might be a good plot for this manga to be honest. Not everything was black and white, the so called refugees that you were trying to help were instead a bunch of spies ruining your fief from the inside

Dex-chan lover
@kakage I wouldn't be surprised if Albus doesn't know what it is, nor the other kids for that matter, since they were kids when they were tossed out of civilization. The adults are probably just "yeah, that's a thing, he isn't saying anything so neither should I" or the like

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun could still be a partial trojan horse though. it's not hard to repeat what basically everyone knows. like accomplices in a crime agreeing to a set story.

ooor it could be that they're actually genuinely seeking refuge. that's a shit load of taxes, even for classical-ish era (about the time period of the tech of this series/the kingdom.). it was quite obvious from the prev ch that the oppressive attitude is at least true

still, Almus has a point; no way Dibel would be stupid enough to not be aware of 200 people going missing. that's a few village's worth.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not surprised if Dibel put a spy among the refugees. 200 people is equal to (at most) the entire city population of ancient era. Even officials will be alarmed with that big amount of missing people.

I think what Almus did is right. They hold truth but there is medium possibility that Dibel bug that strange event. So he keep denial about the refugees to decrease conflict in a mean time and buy more time to investigate Dibel's misbehavior as a landlord.

I just notice the name dibel family is the almost the same as debil family which mean moron family in slavs language.Lol

Dex-chan lover
With this many refugees, I am not shocked there will be many Dibel's soldier family member, its like Almus got free hostage all of a sudden.

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks but we as readers know that the situation is as bad as the refugees say, because the previous chapter had already showed us that Dibel's territory and his retainers are scum, as opposed to being told so from the refugees like the MC is. With how the manga is being drawn, if there were a secret plot, it should have been foreshadowed already at some point. And as far as we've been shown in previous chapters, Dibel doesn't even know that the MC plans to marry Yuria yet, he's still assuming he will marry Yuria, become king, and get rid of the MC that way.

And even assuming the refugees are actually infiltrators, it's fairly a moot point since they're being setup in the forest village right next to the griffon's territory.

@Hurokun why are you telling me something I already know? I told the other guy that the only inconsistent things are rape and pillage. And planting an assassin for primae noctis is pretty hard considering you need to train a girl from an extremely young age so that when she marries at around 13-16 she can kill someone as an assassin.

@kakage except the rep listed it separately, meaning they considered prima noctis as not rape. FYI there's no hard evidence that prima noctis was practiced IRL, at least in Europe.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it's kinda bland when stories go out of their way to make the antagonists look as evil and depraved as they can be. Like seriously, you don't have to list all of those atrocities to make me dislike the guy, he's already unlikable enough. If anything, it would be far more interesting if the antagonist was a much more ambivalent character, with both positive and negative traits.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun
Ummm...
Yeah, prima noctua was a thing IRL... while historians can argue one way or another, where there is smoke, there is fire. Be it for political or religious reasons, history is written by those in control. They remove what is detrimental to their cause, and try to preserve the values they uphold. So while scholars say the records show up hundreds of years later, it may very well be that the earlier record were just destroyed or altered. *shrug*

On a side note, rape is rape no matter what you call it. Last time I checked(less then a minute ago) rape is intercourse where one party is unwilling and is perpetrated by threat or force. So even if it is lawful, it is still rape.

Double-page supporter
Brainwash is beyond as people will be willful especially like sect scam with guru... Loopholes in laws always existed. As long they aren't impaired by drugs it work. 😂

Dex-chan lover
I dont know letting in 200 People from an Antagonistic Lord could be a bad Idea. If the Diebels are not as Stupid as they are cliche evil there could be a Spy, Saboutuer or Asassin under thuse "Refugee" I would do it if I knew my Enemy was as Kindhearted as Almus.

Users who are viewing this thread