Isekai Kenkokuki - Vol. 6 Ch. 40.2

[That nameless villager dying][/spoiler] was unexpectedly the most emotional story in this entire manga up til this point. Goddamn. Rest in peace to both you and your wife, fictional characters. 😭

@UnfermentedMilk

In this case the rape part is what gave the chapter it's weight. It wouldn't have been as impactful if this didn't come from a man who'd had his wife raped, mentally broken and driven to suicide by heartless monsters.

I realize it's a hot topic but I believe there are right and wrong ways to portray rape in stories like these.

The wrong way is something like SAO where the only reason for rape or Molestation happening is for fanservice and satisfaction when the person responsible gets paid their dues.

The right way is in a chapter like this, there's nothing hot or sexy about the rape here, the only part of it we see is faceless people in positions resembling the act.
It's shown to have very real, very dark consequences for everyone involved and because of it his revenge is even more satisfying because of it.

I really should be used to this by now
I’m 24 volumes deep into berserk
But it still hurts
Also don’t be pricks guys
Don’t send death threats and say offensive things to the author. Idiots.

Dex-chan lover
the story is getting good, and nice plot twist in this chapter. Didn't expect that he would have sacrifice himself, i'm getting emotional reading this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread