Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.1 - When the World's Cataclysm is Sowed

Dex-chan lover
@Kathartes
It is a possibility, I just don't consider it...It makes less sense to let them leave alive, since they'll just be added to the main force (potentially).

Supporter
@Solipsist to be fair, the common sense approach when lacking for information is to not wade in without one...

Backing off, and trying to gather more information before going back in is more often than not the prudent course in life.

It's the same reason why the standard action that modern military often takes when faced with ambush while in a convoy is not to stand your ground...

instead they try to move and break out of the area at best speed through the best route they can see in their current predicament.

The idea is simple, if you are caught in an ambush... your enemy knows the place more than you do most likely.
You have no idea how many of them are there lurking nearby...
Staying put is likely going to be DEATH...
You want to GET OUT... then reassess once you have the chance (possibly with reinforcement)
THEN you get back in if it's prudent and sensible.

So unfortunately even if the young knight didn't have the information, he is still taking the wrong action... he has NO IDEA and that's why he shouldn't PRESS ON while knowing nothing.

Where the story failed however is the part where the younger one has more control over the mercenaries (more ppl) than the older one, despite the clear and obvious difference in their experience and knowledge.

Logically, the older more experienced one should be the one in charge of command of more ppl than the younger rookie...

This is the reason why most military usually require ppl with enough experience before they are given command of larger number of soldiers.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translations, you guys are doing a great job ! never thought we would get so many updates in such a short amount of time

Supporter
Thabks for translation. Guess that cape is decorative and functional for holding a few tentacles back.

Also note last chapter the ground was depressed around her and her reluctance to move from the spot. She had this reserve planned well.

Group Leader
it's that dude's fault in the first place LMAO

wow shit we got, what, five updates? in a single month
new record

thank you for the translations

So... if you up her she will be fucking overpower as fuck, she needs to do the last hit in powerfull enemys... jesus dude she is op.

Double-page supporter
Oh my God... That kind of power...

I wonder if her ego will slowly be diluted as she acquires memories and experience?

Dex-chan lover
I'd rather wait a whole month for the whole chapter rather than the feeling of gettinc cockblocked right now of what happens bext

Group Leader
sorry everyone and especially Galaxy degen, as the chapter was out for a while i did it my self. i saw someone else translated it while my was pending approval as its my first time, the group who translated the others chapters. so im not doing the other chapters in English and didn't meant any ill will.

Yeah, let ignore my captain warning and attack this mysterious looking woman in hood from cursed forest! What could go wrong!

Please keep up the good work with this series! It’s so goddamn great I couldn’t put it down. Time to see if there’s a light novel

Dex-chan lover
Damn, the guy was genuinely a more than decent fellow and this guy was an upstart prick. Here's to hoping he dies horrifically and that he doesn't somehow escape and fan the flames of war

Dex-chan lover
Unless she was "buffed" when coming to this world, I'm assuming there are some restrictions or maybe time limits to her absorption power. Otherwise she would be a crazy broken unit in the game she came from.

In the previous chapters it is given that she need to get more expierence to be useful. Expierence are always obtained by slaughtering enemies. Maybe she works like that. A databank of skills from the people she killed or like Rogue from Marvel where she can absorb a specific amount of skill sets until her quickbar is full. Then she can choose which we wants to keep or remove.

It must be hard for this guy to see that his elder was caring more for him, his family and his other subordinates then for himself and now olny because of his stupity and arrogance he put him before his slaughterer which annihalted everyone expect him.

Dex-chan lover
Where the story failed however is the part where the younger one has more control over the mercenaries (more ppl) than the older one, despite the clear and obvious difference in their experience and knowledge
@Melcyna In the novel, it is explained that the older one didn't want to bother doing the paperwork for hiring the mercs, thus the younger one is the one that did, meaning he is the mercs' go-to authority figure, whether the mercs themselves like it or not.

They would all still be alive if it wasn't for him, this is what we call a disappointment to the team.

Users who are viewing this thread