Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Ch. 94 - Yukito VS Sado Gajou (Third Part)

Dex-chan lover
Umm 🤓 Actually 🤓 Haste is a lvl 3 spell 🤓 so you cant use a lvl 2 spell slot to cast it 🤓
Scrolls don't require spell slots to cast! Also Haste doesn't give +1d8 to dex or flat out doubles speed, so the system used in this series, while obviously cribbing off of D&D, isn't exactly 1:1, either.

Also, that image of him as a spider is probably based off of either [絡新婦] "Jorogumo", or [土蜘蛛] "Tsuchigumo", both types of spider yokai.

Dex-chan lover
Uhm. 🤓Actually you can't use mage hand🤓 to make attacks🤓 either
Not entirely true. in 5e the arcane trickster can use mage hand to do alot more than it can normally do, including item interactions. One could argue to a DM (and as a dm i would allow it) that the improved mage hand of the arcane trickster subclass of rogue could use a mage hand to fire a hand crossbow.

Dex-chan lover
"Shield of Foith". Yeah, I remember that spell.

Mage Hand is such a cheat if you can use it to attack with. And have multiple of them.

MC, was it really necessary to imagine yourself as a spider smirking like a villain?
Yes. He's a slight bit indulgent to those things when he thinks he can afford it.

It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep prolonging the battle.
Yeah, the longer it goes on, the higher the risk of him rolling a nat 20 and hitting, regardless of how high his AC is.

Umm 🤓 Actually 🤓 Haste is a lvl 3 spell 🤓 so you cant use a lvl 2 spell slot to cast it 🤓
Might've mixed up character level with spell level.

Damn, now that I played a good chunk of BG3 and by extension experienced the D&D systems to a certain degree, this is a lot easier to understand.
Yeah, it's not exactly the same, but it's pretty damn similar. I'm still in act 2, seeing what happens if you mock a god. Wish hurts.

while obviously cribbing off of D&D, isn't exactly 1:1, either.
Someone said it's based on Pathfinder, which is based on D&D 3.5, but not exactly the same.

in 5e the arcane trickster can use mage hand to do alot more than it can normally do, including item interactions.
And in BG3 you can also just bitch slap enemies if you want. Not exactly high damage, but I've killed one or two enemies like that.

Dex-chan lover
Not entirely true. in 5e the arcane trickster can use mage hand to do alot more than it can normally do, including item interactions. One could argue to a DM (and as a dm i would allow it) that the improved mage hand of the arcane trickster subclass of rogue could use a mage hand to fire a hand crossbow.
You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

The hand can't attack, activate magic items, or carry more than 10 pounds.

Dex-chan lover
You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

Again, its up to the individual gm to determine any exceptions to the rule. In 5E a hand crossbow weighs 3 pounds and is operated via a trigger which is a type of lever which the hand can manipulate. I see no reason why an arcane trickster couldn't use their action to pull the trigger on a hand cross bow, or have the hand carry said hand crossbow since its under the weight limit. As a GM for more than 20 years I see no reason why this couldn't be done.

Dex-chan lover
Again, its up to the individual gm to determine any exceptions to the rule. In 5E a hand crossbow weighs 3 pounds and is operated via a trigger which is a type of lever which the hand can manipulate. I see no reason why an arcane trickster couldn't use their action to pull the trigger on a hand cross bow, or have the hand carry said hand crossbow since its under the weight limit. As a GM for more than 20 years I see no reason why this couldn't be done.
Yeah, I'd prefer mage hand working like that. Anyway, would your mage hand attack be with proficiency bonus or not, or maybe disadvantage? Or would it act like a trap and the target have to roll a save instead?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'd prefer mage hand working like that. Anyway, would your mage hand attack be with proficiency bonus or not, or maybe disadvantage? Or would it act like a trap and the target have to roll a save instead?
It uses your proficiency when it disarms traps and picks pockets, id say it could use your proficiency when firing the hand crossbow

Dex-chan lover
Someone said it's based on Pathfinder, which is based on D&D 3.5, but not exactly the same.
Not PF. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste/

Without proficiency, because you're attacking from a position not your own; if it's a static attack like this, I'd even argue that it should be treated as a simple trap.

Dex-chan lover
"I see no reason why someone can't ignore the rules."
If you want to houserule that it's possible, then sure, but this is the oberoni fallacy from the other end.

I played a Summoner in Pathfinder 1e, and they could cast Haste (and Slow, among others!) as a 2nd level spell. Unfortunately my GM didn't like that so we had to use the crappier "unchained" version. :mad:

Dex-chan lover

In this case it isnt attacking. Its pulling the trigger of a stationery crossbow. Similar to pulling a lever which is connected to the firing mechaism of a stationery crossbow.

Users who are viewing this thread