Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku-

From a DnD player's point of view, he's the type of munchkin minmaxer that will ruin every game and make them borderline unplayable for everyone involved... but this is exactly the point: he's not trying to have fun - he's here to make sure the "game" is as unplayable as possible for whoever kidnapped his sister, so he does have the excuse to be "efficient" in his actions.

Still a solid reason to never, ever join a session he's in, though.

Dex-chan lover
I dont remember, this manga was about the sister reincarnate in a male warrior or was other manga?
He found her sister?

I just had a blast reading everything from first chapter. The DND references were fun and art is also good so I personally think the rating should be higher than the current 7. Am I right in suspecting this is low because all the DND stuff is too niche?

Supporter
I’m just 50ish chapters in but…All these girls and not a hint of romance so far, what a waste. I mean maybe the girls just don’t like him because of his personality but it’s not even mentioned. It would be nice to get the story from different PoV’s every now and then

Dex-chan lover
For being one of Tolkien basics. You barely see Hobbits on stuff.
And its not like authors have any problems making lolita characters.

Well you could complain about the race selection of always when you have D&D races to go around.
You got, human, elf, duergar(She is just a dwarf) and a hobbit.

Guess the Hobbit feels novel enought if she joins the party.

Double-page supporter
For an isekai story, I feel that this one is actually good, but in order to really appreciate this story, you have to be either a DnD player or have played it in the past.

Two things I personally like: 1) Some of the monsters and other adversaries are at least semi-rational beings with whom the protagonists can reason and even cooperate, and 2) the author also seems to have gone out of his way to make sure the party isn't just a bunch of murderhobos.

In a lot of isekai stories, monsters are just mindless creatures for our hero(es) to mow down and level up off of.

As a separate comment, this story actually plays out a lot like an actual DnD campaign. It's as if the author wrote this based on a DnD campaign he personally experienced, or at least, that's one possibility.

I also like the throwback to traditional "show some skin" fanservice. It seems dated in modern times, but is something which (at least in my view) is not so uncommon among female DnD characters, so it actually fits the setting.

Disclaimer: If I have repeated someone else's thoughts, it was unintentional. I ain't reading through 200+ posts to see if someone else said something similar.

The thing is, If we go by D&D rules, the MC is a wizard with -3 in con. That should put him at 3HP at level 1 in D&D 5e, which is what the character sheets are from. If we had a wizard from earlier editions, he would have 1 HP at level one, and have a 25% chance to gain 1 HP on leveling up.

Dex-chan lover
makes me wonder if a "Traditional games" tag should be added because of the recent chapters with the "Combat Simulator"

Wherever I see the rating of this story I wonder what did it do to deserve it?
Unless there was some controversy I don't know of, I'm going to assume the story has attracted the D&D crowd with its premise and then promptly proceeded to piss them off by applying the rule inaccurately, homebrewing, or outright breaking them.
And, well, the whole "Only 1 HP" wouldn't really fly in a D&D adventure without absurd amounts of plot armor.

Otherwise, the story is decent. Not outstanding but far better than what its rating would suggest.

Supporter
I wonder, if he only has one hp, what happens if he gets a paper cut? Or receive any sort of "damage" like tripping and hurting his knee or whatever else...
Was it ever explained before how HP works in this world? Is it just related to combat or to everyday life?
well if it's D&D, a paper cut is not going to reduce your hp at all
a normal person, noncombatant commoner, has only 4 hp afterall. a stab wound from a preteen with a knife is what 1 damage looks like

Supporter
this story starts out a little rough but gets better and more consistent over time. like 6/10 -> 8/10

and yeah, the 1 hp thing does not make things more interesting
except
for interactions with the dwarf girl

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread