Isekai ni Teni Shitara Yama no Naka datta. Handou de Tsuyo Sayori mo Kaitekisa o Erabi Mashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Such an enjoyable series, the world building is so fun.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, there must've been lots of infectious disease in such unsanitary conditions.
yes.... Which is why you wouldn't find those conditions anywhere in the medieval and earlier ages, unless people were desperately destitute, or complete slobs. Both of which were very much looked down upon.

It's not until the height of the Plague Era that some idiots, spurred on by particular elements in the Church, come up with the idea that "a good stink" would hold the Wrath of God at bay.
Which included effectively eradicating the very ...lively... bath house culture in Europe. Because it was...well.. lively, and Offended the Pious.

Irony has it that "a good stink" did indeed keep the Plague at bay... If you used the right smell....
In France people noticed that stable hands, especially Horse Boys, never attracted the Plague.
And as ..."low status" a horses' smell, along with the job of caring for the beasties, was seen as, there soon developed a very frantic trade in used horse blankets and other... essence of horse derived articles...
Which was picked up in other areas as "it has to smell bad" .

Nowadays we know that the particular type of flea that used to spread the Plague doesn't like the smell of horses. It's not one of their hosts, so they avoid it.
So the stable boys got exposed far less to Y. Pestis , because they lived in a clean environment ( do try to suggest to a horse owner the stable the horse stays in shouldn't be clean... For Science... I dare you.... ;) ), and the lads smelled Uninteresting to the flees.

One of those cases of Right Observation, Wrong Conclusion..

It also explains why Y.Pestis didn't move into Europe through the invasions of the Huns much earlier, even though their origins lie in the Mongolian Steppes, where Y. Pestis is a Thing amongst rodents, and still is up to this day:
Those peeps lived on horses, and smeling like one was a Manly Thing.. So they simply weren't carriers.
Same with the classic silk route: horses, mules, and camels.. Not Targets for the fleas.

It wasn't until there was more direct trade with the East that the bacteria came to Europe in bulk. Because we imported the rats directly along with the silk and spices... The "horse barrier" was gone..

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Feels like the story is picking up the pace. I think the long interval between updates is due to priority and popularity?

First few chapter I read does seems to be weirdly translated with some words in bracket.

Given that the gods give MC [Hero Killing] ability and [All-Kill Blade], does this means he is suppose the off the Hero if they turn batshit insane?

Dex-chan lover
No, no redemption for the sister she has done nothing but bad and getting worse so why now trying to start the whole "I want a stable family that feels nice" crap now? She never treated MC with any kind of respect and was abusive, now she's in another world and flippantly disobeying gods and causeing great harm to the world.

I have such trouble with this manga. The side characters look very similar so I can’t always distinguish between them >_<

Dex-chan lover
"They look like Rudeil, but slightly different?"

MC has the eyes of a hawk! One of them is a bald geezer with a long beard, one is a child. Like Rudeil, but slightly different. Well, they all have the shape of a human, not a lizard, so, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread