Isekai Nihon - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
This seems interesting enough, doing it until ch 20 I think is a good way to see if it is going to start going down hill or not

Thank you for the translation. I personally love this manga. Hope you will continue to translate it 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Keep translating few more chapters, ig. Drop it when you can't commit to it anymore. :pepehmm:
But one thing is sure, this manga is trash. Stupid writing, can't believe someone tagged as best assassin thinks like how MC does :kek:.

Since the translator asked, I'm quite enjoying it so far, even if MC-kun was taking things a little far with that holy sword reluctance

Dex-chan lover
Yep, same as most others here. Great job on TL and I'll also be sticking around until 20-ish to see how it goes. Premise is at least different from the usual.

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I don't like about the premise is the whole bit about the MC coming from some secret assassin's guild family that molded him into a killing machine. I know it's necessary to justify his being able to fight like he does but all this time he's interacting with cute elf girl in a weird sort of reverse isekai slice of life just makes me wonder how he could be so seemingly well adjusted when his whole life was assassin training and whatnot. Even a hand-wave of "well he'd have to know how to blend into regular society as an assassin" should still come with some level of social atrophy but nope, he's a fairly generic romcom MC dude until it comes time for him to be able to decapitate a fantasy monster with one of those little coffee creamer packs.

Contributor
I hope that isekai guy becomes an ally. I'm sure they need allies considering the MC and his reverse isekai GF was facing mortal danger and he was somehow more concerned about not violating the Swords and Firearms Possession Control Law of 1958 rather than ending the threat immediately, preserving the peace and saving all the damn gawkers from needless exposure to danger.

The capital has been conquered by otherworldly forces, I'm sure the police have bigger problems to worry about than a would-be sword-wielding vigilante who just saved innocent civilians from danger.

I might have a poor opinion of the tropey writing so far, but I'm still interested in seeing more chapters of this. Maybe it's because reverse isekai stories are still relatively rare compared to the usual isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Logic-wise; considering they mentioned how the invasion is centralized in Tokyo and they are supposedly in the countryside MC avoiding attention from both the Japanese people and the invaders... it kinda holds. And if he does get attention(like shown) it's easier to explain "unarmed"(or stone-wielding) fighting capabilities than explaining the why/who/what of using a clearly fantasy-setting sword.

Dex-chan lover
Also, typical lead MC. Using a sword will get me arrested when I save people's lives but apparently killing this giant fish monster with a rock won't make anyone bat an eyelash.
I amm enjoying this series so far, the whole no wanting to get arrested by using a sword when the world is getting invaded by monsters is a really bad plot device to limit the character power tho, like commom author kun you can spend 30 mim and come with a better plot reason to limit the character power.
"We can't draw the holy sword or it'll attract too much attention!"

proceeds to nearly defeat the giant fish monster with flashy martial arts moves and a jagged piece of concrete or something.

Flawless logic!
It's funny that he's more worried about the cops arresting him than literal monster right front of him
Bro's worried about being arrested for drawing a sword while getting attacked by an otherworldly monster
hey, it's absolutely legal to learn flashy martial arts and use them to defeat weird fish monsters, but you're not allowed to carry swords in japan. Not to mention magical swords. Wouldn't want to be a criminal...
Seriously? I mean, I would be able to understand if the manga were to take place in an older era, but here we're talking about the modern era, with cellphone cameras, live videos and everybody having contact with everybody else.

Law doesn't matter a single ounce of deep fried shit here, what matters is having the government, the invading forces or even external third parties taking interest in our MC's and start to chase them, not to mention being unable to walk openly due to people recognizing them as the "guy who summoned a bloody holy sword" and the "actual bonafide elf". Why do you think the guy made the elf hide her ears? Human-supremacy fetish? It was so people wouldn't suspect her of being part of the otherworld forces and start questioning them if she was a real elf or just a very good cosplayer.

The Gyo-reject was a threat, sure, but we already saw the guy deal with a bunch of orcs before without breaking a sweat, so there's no reason a random bulky summon with no magic to be something worthy ruining their, so far, peaceful lives and tranquil undercover journey over. Besides, with so many people watching them, it was FAR more believable to have a guy use superior human reflexes to deal with the walking-tuna than see a guy use ACTUAL MAGIC and hope they wouldn't kick a fuss or start calling the government; even if they saved the lives of the surrounding people, there's no telling that we would have a Spider-man 2 moment and have them swear secrecy, if anything, it's far more likely that at least 3 or 5 would tattle on social media and make them unwatedly famous.

As for leaving it to the police, it was simply a clear case of declaring it a NMPA (Not My Problem Anymore) and leave the place ASAP. Remember that our MC is not a hero; sure he may be good... so far, but that doesn't mean he cares so much for the rest of the people, specially people he doesn't know and doesn't give two shits about, it's all about getting his beloved out of danger and neutralizing the inminent threat (getting the fish-thing away from their asses).

Come on guys, you are better than this!

Users who are viewing this thread