Isekai Nihon

When the isekai finally happens in the real world. Seems like it will be a decent read because of a very interesting concept.

I'm blown away by this series. As I put in my notes:

I originally read this mostly just wanting to look at pretty manga artwork. But I was reading it of course, not like I'd ever be able to help myself, and it's just really different in a very very good way. I've forgotten a lot about this series, but the highlight by far is how much it reminds me of what I loved about Sword Art Online.

The MC is a badass with a sword, and his love interest, and best friend is really cool, and SHE asked HIM
to be his romantic partner, and he said yes.

He definately sees her as an equal too, which is far too rare for anything I've seen in manga and anime!

Dex-chan lover
Dropped. MC is just weird. If he didn't wanna be in his family just run away? Why wait for some dimensional rift to occur? He wakes up in a strange place and instead of asking where he is, he proposes to some random girl.
This seems to me like dogshit writing and the author probably wrote the actual screenplay in 10min on the toilet on a piece of toilet paper

I would like to read the story further just to know what will happen. Although, the story does feel kinda a bit lack luster in the beginning. Maybe writer wants to save some surprise for future story telling. Thanks SilasMeanQuite for translating this

Everytime I read manga like this, I always think back to Gate. Like why hasn't the military just blasted everything.

Dex-chan lover
For an MC who belongs to a Assassin's Family and Mastered almost everykind of Assassination Techniques, he seems to be quite oblivious.

I mean, he first escapes from his family when a Monster outbreak occurs in Tokyo. And after escaping the city, he nonchalantly enters a market to buy stuff and even get surprised to see the owner beheaded and monsters roaming around.
I mean if a person escapes from a monster (or zombie) outbreak, they would try to be cautious about their surroundings as much as possible, even if people around won't believe what he says (like the reason he didn't contact police on seeing the monsters).

Next, when he meets the Elf girl, he tries to immediately flirt with her, which is odd given that she doesn't really looks normal human, and Elf's are a common category of beings that appear regularly in all types of franchises (so he should have been able to guess more easily).

Also he tries to talk about Weapons Law to the Elf girl, when he knows what's going on in Tokyo. I mean why talk about laws and stuff when weird things are happening nearby. It's like suddenly Japan is thrown into a War and people are dying, but MC is still talking about weapon restrictions laws and what shouldn't be owned by common public.

Dex-chan lover
an integral part of the story...
is that the MC saw an elf in skimpy clothing
and decided within 5 seconds of meeting
he wanted to batt- fuck her put a baby in her marry her and hold her hand... dont get hung up on the order, you decide, it makes hardly any difference.
not only did he propose he also offered to kill on her behalf, despite not knowing her from a can of paint
poor kid, his father's training turned him stupid
in exchange for power, became backwards in almost every other way imaginable

If she wanted to kill her brother why send him the axe? I think she is being brainwashed, and also of course he is oblivious , he was trained but barely see the outside world, i don’t think he knows about fanstasy/isekai/zombies/apocalypse or even elf’s

Users who are viewing this thread