Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Ch. 229 - Alcohol, Festival Executive Committees, and Walnuts (2)

Dex-chan lover
H3rG7am.png

ol buddy ol pal
spirit magic eh that is pretty neat

Dex-chan lover
Every time I see her I think of Choukai from Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

"I'm something of a spirit magic user myself."
That meme shows up surprisingly often.

Using magic for your own convenience is the best way to use magic. Don't let anyone tell you anything else.

Eating twice a day was normal back in the day. Breakfast, and a large cooked meal a bit earlier than our modern dinnertime.

Dude, it’s quite obvious that it’s a split chapter. My comment was a joke on the usual length of the chapter that seems to have missed you. /shrug
Don't worry about him. He doesn't get jokes. He's just commenting as long as he gets to correct someone and feel superior about it.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the fact about not being self-sufficient and choosing to eat less is all too poignant.

Being poor as a child, sleep for dinner was normal. But growing up, even when life became much better, the habit of eating less didn't go away.

It only changed for the better when as a late teen, the realisation that I wouldn't starve because I could earn on my own finally dawned on me, and I expanded my appetite.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, it’s quite obvious that it’s a split chapter. My comment was a joke on the usual length of the chapter that seems to have missed you. /shrug
So are you saying you also didn't understand and now you're trying to pass it off as a joke? Because your name isn't Wolvenworks; they were the one that didn't understand, saying,
Not even a split ch since you would see decimals if it’s split (eg: 22.2). This series has always, almost all the time, released very short chs.
so I had to explain it to them.

The title of Chapter 228 is, "Alcohol Festival Executive Committees and Walnuts 1". That is a mark of a split chapter. Just like how in the WN, Chapter 326 – Village Five’s Industrial Development Plan (II) and Chapter 327 – Village Five’s Industrial Development Plan (III) are noted. It's not a split chapter by the translators, but by the author. You can see this also with the manga chapters, like how the three prior to this are a single contiguous story even though it's split up, written as chapters 225 Tried Various Things (1) / 226 Tried Various Things (2) / 227 Tried Various Things (3). In fact, it's rarer to have a chapter that ISN'T a split chapter like this, in this manga.

Good job assuming it was you and making an ass outta yourself, though, and GJ Duck making an ass outta himself as normal, too.

Dex-chan lover
No vegetable, seems the short road to scurvy and a lot of other illness
Potatoes are vegetables.
"A medium 5.3 oz skin on potato contains 27 mg of Vitamin C, which is 30% of the daily value." TIL. Never thought that the tuber would have vitamin C in it; would have thought that would have been stored in the plant body, or in the poisonous fruits, at least.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one that remembers the nut cracker sketch from Robot Chicken.
If so here is some essential watching, to see what counted as teen entertainment an edgy humour back in 2005-8ish
Thanks everyone at LHTranslation for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread