Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - Vol. 5 Ch. 78 - Martial Art Tournament - Knight Division Second Round Part (1)

Honestly, I think a lot of people are not viewing the new chapters because we are still on this absurd tournament arc of a farming or at least what was a farming isekai. Now I'm not so sure but I feel like it's just.....lost touch with what it was doing. I'd be fine even with industrialization of the isekai over this fighting tournament nonsense.

Fed-Kun's army
If I wanted to watch random pointless fights between ridiculous characters, there are thousands of wacky fighting games for Neo Geo, SNES, Genesis, 32X, PlayStation, and Saturn that I could mess with.

Power Uploader
We're over 3 months into this arc and basically nothing has happened.

Fed-Kun's army
its the double header of the artist taking many pages to describe a single fight, AND each chapter being a pitiful number of pages.

Contributor
These matches have no stakes at all.
Nothing about this is interesting.

Wasn't this supposed to be an isekai about farming or something?

Double-page supporter
"Stop having other things in your life aside from farming!"

Chill out, whiners. It's like you want even more one-dimensional characters who do nothing other than what the title demands of them. What, they can have a harvest festival but not a sparring festival? Keep it to yourselves.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel haters gotta hate, man. to me, ppl who whine about isekais really have nothing better to do. in that case maybe we should suggest them with more productive alternatives than hating.

more love for the net won't hurt in this time of fear and hate.

Contributor
For you folks who don't enjoy this arc please be aware that in the WN they hold tournaments yearly with other activities alongside the battles. If it bothers you now you might as well drop it.

Ok, I GIVE UP, i'm dropping this. Can't stand tournament arcs in the best of times, much less this. I've been on the fence a while now; this has some of the most shallow and poorly written wish fulfillment/male fantasy out there. And, I'm willing to put up with some really stupid shit, I read, "In Another World With My Smartphone" after all. But, if they are just going to go ON an ON with the most boring tournament arch, I'd rather just stop reading.

It's a shame really, I had high middling hopes that this might be a fun romp, centered around this guy who liked to farm. Like, there would be weirdly detailed information about farming, meanwhile he unintentionally builds a harem. Typical, 'x' themed isekai. But this went off the rails fast. They never create any interesting or compelling charters or storylines. He builds his farm and they sort of ignore that whole thing, only to offhandedly mention it occasionally, while literally EVERY WOMAN he meets not only falls in love with him but also has sex with him. If this was just a ridiculous ecchi / smutty manga, that might be something, but there isn't anything like that either, the sex happens off screen and there aren't any ecchi moments to speak of. It just feels like a total waste of my time.

To be fair this is only a comment on the manga, which is the only thing I have read and have reference for.

Users who are viewing this thread