Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 12 Ch. 61

The hell did I even read? Between messy artwork, terrible paneling, and shizoid dialogue I'm completely lost. I had to check to make sure I didn't accidentally skip a few chapters. Did the author had a stroke or something? Where is his editor? They're supposed make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen and the chapters are actually coherent.

Dex-chan lover
I can't follow the action at all. Without really good resolution it'll just look like a jumble of lines and scribbles. Heaps of dialogue with no real importance as well. Tried rereading previous chapters to refresh memory and still got lost.
Eh, me binging it recently was able to understand, but it is mostly the resolution that makes it unbearably messy (but i mean, it's hard to get decent scan quality when they're gotten at release, if there's even any option for high quality RAWs).

Basically there's three groups trying to beat the dragon (the hero's party with the temple knights, the royal magicians that are transforming into dragons to damage it, and the country's military which are mostly in charge of evacuation and protection of the capital while a smaller detachment went to survey and try to solve the situation in the cathedral), with Ojii-san in the dirt trying to recover after messing up with the sword's power and the church's priests healing anyone hurt.

some of the figureheads from the church, the military and the royal magicians are talking on the side, basically berating the other faction's efforts and trying to make themselves look better (and the priest who had all the monsters captured underground putting a spotlight on himself, "trying to bring them together"). The corpse king is still possessing the little attendant girl and goes for her friend, in an attempt to help Ojisan recover so stuff can move along faster and he gets his rematch to actually happen after so many interruptions.

in the hydra fight, the dragon-magicians are getting some hits in but are getting exhausted for the most part (reason why they hang from a wall for a bit to reassess how to deal with it), and after observing the fighter from the hero's party doing SOME damage to a head, one of them tries to make the head fall (most likely via concussion, from how they say "brain" and go to follow-up that hit they saw) so at least the ground troops can get rid of one of the heads.

It works, the head falls, and it is cut...but in the most messed-up case of a hydra, it just grows a bunch of thinner necks and smashes one of the dragons in the span of a few seconds, hurting their target to a severe degree (their transformation remaining while their shown expression and bleeding suggest that they are probably about to faint) and making two of that group to go and recover it, putting themselves in the path of a breath attack...that gets stopped by the sudden appearance of Mabel, who freezes the breath attack between their bodies, and looking at the reaction shot of the hydra, also cutting two heads in the process.

Chapter end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread