Isekai Ryouridou - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - A Night of Ideas

Banned
Ai Fa is such a goddess and this 2D dummy is about to do something profane, smh bros, inceldom time.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, can I just thank the translators for finally explaining to me why hamburger in Japanese media doesn’t have buns? So they’re two different things (the usual being the meat patty; and buns being the “american” hamburger), but pronounced the same? That’s just confusing. So even if I go to Japan fluent in japanese, and ask for a hamburger, I can just be handed a meat patty? Also why and when did hamburger even come to mean “meat patty” (no bun or condiments) in Japan. That’s such a strange distinction. Was the hamburger not introduced to the by the west? Did they like have their own variation before McDonalds came over? Or did they just take the idea and do their own cultural spin on it?

@dope0420 where’s that coming from? In the end he said he based his final burger on the american hamburger. I assume he got the idea from an american fast food place. Obviously they weren’t going to name places (if they didn’t have to) for the usual reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Giba meat will become popular, the government will renounce the clan's privilege to hunt and eat them (because the government is unreasonable to begin with) and the clans will blame MC, even though every clan member he asked was "YEAH! LET'S DO THIS!". That's like being overrun by a train, you have seen from miles away. Create your food stall, but make some other variant of a Japanese (in this case US-American) dish with other ingredients than giba meat!

Dex-chan lover
@TNT261
It's not so strange. Spanish doesn't have a word for meat patty either, both are "hamburguesa". One figures it out by context, or you specify it somewhat awkwardly like "carne de hamburguesa" (hamburger meat) or such.

Don't people usually distinguish between japanese and american hamburgers by calling them hamburg steak and hamburger, respectively?

Supporter
Yeah, no way those two airheads can exemplify the prejudge against that kind of meat. Stay strong!

Double-page supporter
They will be eaten dry before any was being sold

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, trying to remember everything that happened so far. The girl saved him, he cooked for her, he cooked for the neighbors, cooked for a wedding, then he cooked for this innkeeper guy? Also he died in a fire trying to save his kitchen knife, or is that a different series.

Double-page supporter
@TNT261 Because he acted like he didn't know what a "hamburger" was even though he made one. Why did he initially give it to her without any type of bun? If he knew what a hamburger was, and clearly he did, why wouldn't he know that or be surprised that just grabbing a hamburger without a bun isn't going to be the best eating experience? Then wrapping it up seemed like some kind of afterthought, like he doesn't know hamburgers come on buns or like he just thought about. It just seems weird to me that he would make something, but act like he didn't know the components of what he made were. If he based it on the american hamburger then it should've had a bun from the start, otherwise it's not hamburger and simply a lump of ground beef. They call those hamburger steaks in Japan, Salisbury steaks in the US (maybe elsewhere). Either way, it's not a hamburger as a hamburger refers to s specific preparation of ground beef. Patties and a "bun." No bun, no hamburger.

My point is, if he knew what a hamburger was, it should've came with a bun from the start. It just seemed weird to me. That's all.

Typically burger refers to the meat patty itself in Japan, and is commonly consumed without a bun, but rather by itself or as a side dish.

Dex-chan lover
@dope0420 He could have done it to tease her and see some great reactions. The manga leaves out a lot of inner monologues.

@captain_crunch

Yes, that is this series. Dude died from a fire saving a knife that would have been unscathed if left to be. He was reincarnated into another world where people are incapable of mixing ingredients together in the cooking process. He gained everyone's affection since he is the best waifu, literally.

Dex-chan lover
31 pages for dumbass Isekai'd-from-Earth-where-McDonald's-and-16000-other-burger-restaurants-exist MC to realize that hot greasy meat would be better served on a bun instead eaten with bare hands.

In other news, Ai Fa is freakin adorable.

Fed-Kun's army
Do japanese not know what a hamburguer is? Or is this artist is particular that has never actually seen one?

@Kyte

Also that's literally not true like at all. Hamburguer and meat patty do have spanish terms, that you seem to be too inexperience in life to know about, but the term are "Hamburguesa" and "Carne para Hamburguesa" don't come here with your lies if you don't even know the language. Because if you knew how to speak spanish you would have known this already.

@Floriano There's also "medallón de carne" to refer to meat patties or any round cuts of meat specifically

Users who are viewing this thread