Isekai Shoukan Oji-san no Juumusou Life - Sabage Suki Salaryman wa Kaisha Owari ni Isekai e Chokki suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Battle Royale

Dex-chan lover
Some of these dudes he's shooting at with rubber bullets look like they're wearing metal breastplates. Would rubber bullets even have enough of an impact to stop them? I mean, rubber bullets are basically useless against any sort of real armor (even motorcycle leathers heavily dissipate the force of such munitions, which already aren't 100% effective).

Like I think the author is seriously lacking in knowledge about the subject he's writing about.
This is just the gun version of hitting with the flat of the blade. If he's hitting hard enough for the armored ones to feel the pain, and not just getting crushed by their dented armor, then it's enough force to kill the unarmored ones, probably even piercing or ricocheting to a couple others.

Dex-chan lover
I usually say something most chapters, but it looks like other commenters have already shared some of my thoughts.... which is good because I'm kind of speechless after this chapter. Hope the story is interesting because the firearms aspect is attracting me less and less.

green-mile-im-tired-boss.gif

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Damn, his reflex r goood...
(OωO`)...

Dex-chan lover
Some of these dudes he's shooting at with rubber bullets look like they're wearing metal breastplates. Would rubber bullets even have enough of an impact to stop them? I mean, rubber bullets are basically useless against any sort of real armor (even motorcycle leathers heavily dissipate the force of such munitions, which already aren't 100% effective).

Like I think the author is seriously lacking in knowledge about the subject he's writing about.
Just imagine the author as that image of a Japanese dude dressed as a cowboy calling himself Rawhide Kobayashi and it's all good.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping he pulls out the Barrett. Or if the author was feeling exotic when writing the manuscript maybe a Lynx? Considering the fact that the MC hasn't used any weapons other than pop-culture icon firearms I doubt he'd pull out something like a Lynx, or heck, anything that'd take more than watching a movie to find. Not sure if rubber bullets would work on that raid-boss style gladiator though, even if MC somehow managed to bullshit some rubber RPG-7 rockets into existence.

I'll stick with this because it's just good mindless fun though, sort of like most of the isekais I've set as 'reading' in MD. It feels a bit like the author is getting his gun info from wikipedia though. Just about everything mentioned is correct but it feels off for some reason.

Edit: I'm also a bit bothered by how all isekai firearm manga I read neglect the ear-splitting sound guns make when shot. I know movies do it too but the least the authors of these things could do is alakazam some sound suppression magic on the guns or something. I've shot a few guns at a farm not long ago and even the .22lr, while not able to cause permanent ear damage if used normally, hurts like hell to hear without ear protection.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Considering the fact that the MC hasn't used any weapons other than pop-culture icon firearms
Is the Mac-10 really a pop culture icon, though? I feel like the Uzi, which can also chamber .45 ACP, is way more visible in the pop culture consciousness.
Edit: I'm also a bit bothered by how all isekai firearm manga I read neglect the ear-splitting sound guns make when shot. I know movies do it too but the least the authors of these things could do is alakazam some sound suppression magic on the guns or something. I've shot a few guns at a farm not long ago and even the .22lr, while not able to cause permanent ear damage if used normally, hurts like hell to hear without ear protection.
Yeah, everybody in the area should be going deaf, or at least having ringing so loud they can't hear anybody say anything.

Dex-chan lover
A .50cal will be helpful now. Or maybe a Desert Eagle with a 0.50 Action express if they still intend for a more manageable CQB.
A few shots of that should weaken the enemy gradually.

Dex-chan lover
Is the Mac-10 really a pop culture icon, though? I feel like the Uzi, which can also chamber .45 ACP, is way more visible in the pop culture consciousness.

Yeah, everybody in the area should be going deaf, or at least having ringing so loud they can't hear anybody say anything.
maa, in built suppressors i guess?

But in all seriousness i highly doubt that the author has seen or heard real life firearms, it is not exactly common or easy to get in japan

Dex-chan lover
maa, in built suppressors i guess?
While it's true that a suppressor exists for the MAC-10, if you look at the close up image on the panel, you can see the threaded barrel, which means the suppressor hasn't been screwed on.

If the suppressor was screwed on, it'd look like this:

MAC10.jpg

Dex-chan lover

The "highest odds" thing (page 10) also shows that the author (or was this a translation error?) doesn't know how odds work.

Dex-chan lover
Ik the story will be trash but NO ONE HATE THE POWER OF RPG/GATLING AND THE SMELL OF THE FREEDOM RRRAHHHH 🦅🦅🦅🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Dex-chan lover
ugh, what a useless deadweight loser the MC is... he has all those guns, infinite ammo, and any ammo he so damn well please, and in teh middle fo a coloseum full of seasoned warriors with real swords fully intent on killing him, and he is still to much of a pussy to actually shoot them, and teh weapons he use is wrong choice for the occassion as well, but what did ve expect? MC cant exactly be smarter then the author, now can he?
rubber bullets against fuly armored dudes like these guys would do absolutely nothing other then scare and suprise them for a bit at most, you'll need something far more powerfull then a freaking colt and submachinegun to actually stop them with only rubber bullets.

so much potential to this series, unfortunately wasted and lost on this incompetent fool...

Dex-chan lover
Story is so pg13, villains are so cartoony,the power of his firearms and rubber ammo is exaggerated, unless they're enhanced with skills from the goddess. Was hoping for something either a little more thought out like hunter gets isekaied and married an elf, or a little more quirky like mofu mofu gun isekai. Oh well, i keep reading

Dex-chan lover
And you asking a dude in a peaceful world to shoot people without a care in the world with real bullet... Kinda Farfetch unless the guy sociopath, or cornered.

1.) A lot of the guys Daisuke is fighting are wearing plate/breastplate armor. Rubber projectiles, outside of direct hits from something like a 40mm less-lethal, aren't going to do a single. fucking. thing.
2.) If you step into a combat arena where people are trying to kill you, and you KNOW people will try to kill you, and you still want to play pacifist... Don't get into the fucking arena.

Dex-chan lover
Is the Mac-10 really a pop culture icon, though?

Absolutely. Especially in America. It was nicknamed the "American UZI" for a reason.

During the 1980s, basically any action show or movie had it. Snake-fucking-Plissken (and if you're wondering if that caught on in Japan... there's a reason Kojima had Solid Snake use the name "Plissken" as an alias in Metal Gear Solid 2) used one with a gigantic Sionics suppressor-that-wasn't-actually-used-as-a-suppressor in "Escape from New York". It was very iconic for the time.

1D5mU72.jpg

And it still holds sway in the America market today because it's routinely the most "inexpensive" transferable full-auto available because there were so many made and put into the registry with the BATFE prior to the 1986 cut-off. I haven't followed the prices, but back in like 2006 or so you could get one for about $3,000. At the same time something like an M16 lower was going for more than $10k (RDIASs were cheaper by a little bit). There was also a guy that tried to get a start-up going where he used M10/M11 receivers as a basis for vastly more expensive weapons like belt-fed machine guns. BATFE cleared it and then realized people might have too much fun and freedom and shut him down (this was around the same 2006 period, probably earlier).

Prices now? I made the mistake of about a year or so ago of looking them up and they were like ~$8,000 and up. Something like a transferable M16? If you have to ask, you can't afford it. Even a couple years ago before inflation they were routinely going for $20K+. And people were buying them...

Dex-chan lover
1.) A lot of the guys Daisuke is fighting are wearing plate/breastplate armor. Rubber projectiles, outside of direct hits from something like a 40mm less-lethal, aren't going to do a single. fucking. thing.
2.) If you step into a combat arena where people are trying to kill you, and you KNOW people will try to kill you, and you still want to play pacifist... Don't get into the fucking arena.
I don't know how big the impact of the rubber bullet on medieval armor, but things is. MC brain still peaceful, and a plus side is he still can deal with it with his guns. Unless he get in a situation he can't do anything or what i would say earlier, cornered. He won't change. And on a + note his ability that make him can come a go back from japan to that world make him less likely taking things seriously. Id have some example of both hero is sociopath and a kind hero change his rule because he's concerned, but forgot the title, lemme check.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how big the impact of the rubber bullet on medieval armor, but things is. MC brain still peaceful, and a plus side is he still can deal with it with his guns. Unless he get in a situation he can't do anything or what i would say earlier, cornered. He won't change. And on a + note his ability that make him can come a go back from japan to that world make him less likely taking things seriously. Id have some example of both hero is sociopath and a kind hero change his rule because he's concerned, but forgot the title, lemme check.

His ability doesn't instantly transfer him back to Japan. He has to go to a doorway and walk through it. Meanwhile, a dozen guys can be stabbing their swords through him.

It's not like anyone here is saying, "YEAH! HE SHOULD FUCKIN' KILL EVERYONE AND LOVE IT! AND GET A RAGING BONER WHILE DOING IT EVEN! MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! KILLING SHOULDN'T PHASE HIM ONE BIT!". But you have to be realistic. If you go into a place where you know people are going to try and kill you... trying to play the pacifist is a very, very good way to commit roundabout suicide.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/10e98722-874d-48b2-a715-90bb8af93598/yondome-wa-iya-na-shizokusei-majutsushi https://mangadex.org/title/802bf297-b156-4053-8542-f12057c4a7b9/meccha-shoukan-sareta-ken
https://mangadex.org/title/38a89cab...64027a0/isekai-majutsushi-wa-mahou-o-tonaenai
bonus : https://mangadex.org/title/f7901d23-e934-468e-88de-f407f478cd24/kekkaishi-e-no-tensei

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread