Isekai Shoukan-sareta ga Kyousei Soukan-sareta Ore ha shikatanaku yaseru koto ni shita. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
yeah, she's got a nice level of thiccness to be cute and fappable but they're going to rush to make he skinny because that's "kawaii". It's such a waste. She's a spell caster to begin with, an not the hero. Are they being judged on their ability to run without their knees hurting? There's a lot of reasons why this all wouldn't be necessary or worth criticism. It might not be perfectly healthy if to much of the weight is fat but neither are the requirements for summoning. Add to that that they could have other merits and skills unrelated to their bodies and it gets pretty annoying. Well, I like other things about this so I'm still pretty excited to see more....especially her thiccness.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis @Aretheus hits on a good point by accident, about why this summon failed. Even in Accel World the fatty had talents and skills, that translated over to power in the "other" world. This guy has a bunch of negative stats instead. I imagine that a big bodybuilder would have a higher level from his life experience being converted, and would probably have a higher carry weight during the summon. I mean damn, even his item box is level zero.

That said, it probably didn't help when even the summoning system referred to him as a useless pig, when he was picked up.

@CinaedSonOfJohn shorter people carry their weight differently. Asians are usually pretty short so 200 lbs on a 5'7" man (average Japanese height) looks different than 200 lbs on a 6' man. The average weight in Japan is apparently 149 lbs so he is at least 50 lbs overweight. Plus .1 ton isnt really an exact way to measure something. During the failed summon it showed the weight requirement as 126/58 which is around 277/127 pounds.

Dex-chan lover
128 kg = 282.2 lb
58 kg = 127.9 lb

If it is okay for him to be overweight but not obese with a maximum BMI of 30, then MC should be 4ft 7in tall or 139 cm
If it is okay for him to be normal weight but not overweight with a maximum BMI of 25, then MC should be 5ft tall or 152 cm

The average male Japanese is 5'7.4", 2.92" SD or 171.2 cm, 7.42 cm SD
If allowed to be overweight is 4.4 SD below the average, percentile not given
If needs to be normal weight is still 2.7 SD below the average and is in the 0.352 Percentile of male height in Japan... 0.352% of Japanese Men are shorter than MC if he needs to be normal weight, assuming a pop. of 127,114,862 with 59.9% being 15-64 and ~half are male because I'm too lazy to find the actual ratios, that means that out of 38,070,901 guys in Japan, 134,390 are the same height or shorter than MC.

I am generally considered short at 5'6"
My parents are shorter than me, and they are short due to malnourishment, MC is shorter than them
MC may be about the same height as one of my shorter aunts, but he probably wasn't malnourished for most of his childhood, and is probably just genetically short

Overweight target : Out of 229,951 hypothetical male Japanese adults, MC is the shortest guy in the room at 4ft 7in tall and a current BMI of 65.6 with a target BMI of 30
Normal weight target : Out of 284 hypothetical male Japanese adults, MC is the shortest guy in the room at 5ft tall and a current BMI of 55.1 with a target BMI of 25

Either way, MC is categorized as Super Obese (Class V), which is well past Severe Obesity and Morbid Obesity, weighing more than double what he is assumed to be allowed to weigh for the spell to function properly.

Since the Japan Society for the Study of Obesity considers everyone above normal, or 25 BMI to be obese, which I didn't notice until after writing everything above based on WHO, we should assume that MC is exactly 5ft tall and at even greater risk of health issues as "Asian populations, including Singaporeans, have higher proportion of body fat and increased risk for cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus, compared with Caucasians at the same BMI"

google
tall.life
wikipedia

Dex-chan lover
This isekai seems to have triggered a lot of people, personally i find it interesting that its a story about actual self improvement that just trying to masturbate the MC.

"You're so fat you get in people's way " wut
", fatass, Pig, loser ,neet pig"
"That fatass just jumped in front of me"
really ?...
who the fuck would say that after they ran over someone

I think someone has a problem ... and I'ts not the protag..
this author has some issues to say at least

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan
As for how:
I looked at the raws and it looks like they just "magic'ed" away her juicy thiccness in, like, 2 more chapters. My mind is struggling to understand if "cuz magic" as an explanation makes something more or less bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
@boag : for my part I'm triggered, I don't dislike stereotype and I understand why it's needed. What I dislike is negative stereotype or stereotype pushed to the extreme and in this case it's both.

I'm all for self improvement and getting slim but for the moment this manga is just about fat shaming pushed to the max. Everybody shit on MC but it's alright because he is fat.

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan She seems fairly young and wasnt really that fat, so its pretty possible to lose 20 pounds in a month, and that carries dramatic changes.
@Clad95150 oh I agree, the entire thing is completely mean spirited, and being a 30+ YO man, his metabolism has gone to shit after years of neglect, but as long as the MC comes out on top and doesnt get handed everything like most typical Isekai do, this will make it a story that stands out.

Another series that I recommend is Piggy duke and The one where the dude is Isekaid as an Otome Villainess fiancee and becomes a blacksmith.

Dex-chan lover
@boag
don't really know about piggy duke.
most of his weight comes off because he can apparently fuel his cheat magic powers with his fat.

anyway, my agitation only really comes down to the fact that I think she's cuter and more unique the way she is and I find the requirements just strange. rarstyak went into BMI and statistics to make some conclusions about his probable health (further, I got a little lost on how they got an estimate on his height for that. There wasn't much to go on to figure out what kind of obese he is or if he's just overweight), but the error only mentioned his weight, not bmi or body fat percentage. bmi is a better indicator of health but it still doesn't help much and weight barely means anything on it's own. That, plus the 127 lb weight requirement seen from the eyes of a guy whose the shortest man in his family at 6 '1, it through me for a loop.

Well, I like this and want to see him make something of himself. I just got confused, or maybe I feel it's dumb?, about the explanation they give for whats wrong with him. The general, or whatever, was more accurate in pointing out that he's a weakling being the problem. Being fat, for him, is more a symptom of that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Meridis
About her weight:
She was never a fatty. The amulet she always wears is cursed and turns her into one. So it's less that the fat was magic'd away and more like the fat was magic'd on in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis I guess thats why only lanky Japanese Highschoolers get Isekaid, cause anything else breaks the weight limit lol.
@Trov oh thats a kick in the nethers.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis
I assumed that the weight limit was 58 kg or 128 lb, if the spell allows him to be just at the border of being considered obese (Japan says 25 BMI) then we can calculate his height. Someone of that weight and BMI is 5 ft tall. His current weight is 128 kg, and at 5 ft tall that is a BMI of 55.

It bugs me that the magic brought MC over before sending him back as well as additionally sending the summoner instead of just failing all together.
There's also everything about how the MC is treated by everyone, and
the magic curse that seems to be brushed away in a mere two chapters... that's throwing out the point her initial design, it doesn't even allow for setting up an example of someone who lost weight to show that MC can as well. Seeing that makes me lose hope that MC gets exercise buddies that aren't already in shape.

Building muscle would be better for him as a hero instead of just becoming skinny. More importantly though, where is the general at? All 3 of them were in the summoning circle when it sent them back.

Users who are viewing this thread