Isekai Shoukan wa Nidome Desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Group Leader
You said you had no intention of snipping but have you ever considered what if CAT staffs are also working on the chapters that you managed to publish faster? Then you would be wasted their efforts w/o knowing, no matter your intention. And you never answer my question if you have contacted them beforehand or not...
I think it'd be best if you reach out the groups who do whatever series you plan to release 6 chaps next, cos this is not nice.

You complained about the 3-month rule but they have their own lives and shit happens too, not to mention they have many other projects.

Dex-chan lover
wow its amazing how in just 2 chapters with the introduction of the yandere dude this series turned to shit lmao

Group Leader
@blackbunii Obviously you've never had contact with many translation groups, a good number of them are like dragons collecting gold. Never doing anything with it but murdering anyone who tries to touch it.
The general consensus for the time when a series is considered dropped is 3 months, I waited the extra month before starting work to give them more of a chance. Now when I'm days away from having everything ready they release a chapter, am I meant to waste my time and not release it? I decided the best thing was to release what I have and let people know that there'll be 2 more coming in the very near future and leaving it up to the other group if I should continue past this point. I fully plan on keeping up with the series if they don't make contact with me.

A lot of readers on this site have this weird thing that translators "own" the series they are translating or something. These are all fan translations no one owns them. There are a few translation teams that suck add revenue off their own sites but they don't own anything either. If you want to translate something that some one else has started you are free to do so. CAT scans has nothing to "hand over" or "allow" they own nothing they don't even legally own their translations. Sniping isn't a thing. Even if they were actively translating it wouldn't matter.

Group Leader
@Arc_insanity I still believe in honour among "thieves" so I try to avoid stepping on toes whenever possible unless the previous group is just flat out doing a shit quality job to a quality series which isn't the case here.

Double-page supporter
@blackbunii well they had 4 months of inactivity and when someone else publish some chapters then suddenly they upload one with a delay, thats kind of BS.

Hyrule, you do you.

Your work is appreciated by me and many others. Scanlators also have themselves to blame for not updating anything for several months straight. True they can be busy for a period of time, but they sure as hell didn't communicate it. When your communication is that piss poor you have no ground to complain about someone else taking over.

Scanlators need to learn that when they hit a busy period or people going MIA for a period of time to put an update on their site/discord/whatever else. This doesn't have to take more than 5 minutes, and it's bullshit that nobody of a group can make 5 minutes of time in several months to send out an update so people know it's delayed, not dropped and it won't fuck over people who pick it up thinking it was dropped.

Double-page supporter
She is white haired cat girl, so lets call her Shironeko
what a creative name

Group Leader
@Manakete I appreciate the words man, I do this so that scanlators don't have to deal with the time consuming (and often expensive) task of catching up with the raws while also giving the many readers something to read while they're busy.
If any group needs to take some time off and wants my group to work on it in the meantime, I'm more than happy to discuss that with them.

Group Leader
@hyrule13 the reason I suggested contacting them beforehand is to make sure and avoid wasting time and effort as you said. It's also an act of courtesy and politeness. If you're worried about wasting time and effort, don't you think they would feel the same too (for the same chaps 2 parties both work on). If you reached out to them and they didn't reply, it's their fault. But from what you said, I think you just waited and didn't try to reach out, so you can't really blame them for your wasted effort cos you basically chose it upon yourself. It feels a bit unfair that they now have to reach out to you after what you did (even more if you didn't try to confirm with them first).

Double-page supporter
Btw I don't think its fair to call this sniping, the last chapter was like 4 months ago lmao

Contributor
Nobody have the ownership over a serie, everyone can do whatever they want in their spare time, scanlating like fansubbing is a mere hobby someone do for passion, is the community that decide what scan follow, easy and simple.

Cat scans can continueto release their version and follow their timeframe as now, nothing will change.

@hyrule13 - thanks for the update mate, appreciated your work.

If scans are too busy to continue releasing chapters, it would be much more "nice of them" if they just say "we can't continue, anyone can grab it", but a lot of them (I'm not saying CATS is doing this) just want to hold their series even if they don't release anything.

Group Leader
@blackbunii You haven't had enough direct contact with enough scanlation groups. I'm doing it this way because of experience. If I contacted the team they'd probably tell me they were working on it and you'd still be waiting for another 8 months to read what's currently available.

Group Leader
@ninjadoparana All groups need to do is have a single page on their release which says "We're busy with work or tests for a few months, expect us to be caught up quickly after we're free" and I can almost guarantee 95% of other groups wouldn't touch it.

Dex-chan lover
> 4 months no updates
> someone fed up and release many chapters at once
> HURR DURR he sniped it! shame on him!

I don't think "sniping" is strictly forbidden here, just not recommended since the effort could be used for another Mangas
and the system here is good, if you read manga released by group A, you will read the continuations from that group only until they runs out, even if there's multiple chapter release by different group

also, if they have several projects and this one is on a lower priority (proven by lack of updates for 4 months, I don't know if they release anything else in that time), they should be glad there's someone who can take the burden and maybe they can offer a joint project if they still want to do this manga

I think if they are busy, they can put notice on last page.
It has been 4months without update, most people will think they dropped this series.
Let both parties solve this by themselves.

Group Leader
@hyrule13 now that's wrong on your part. You can't just assume everyone is the same and every group is the same. Are you gonna be happy if someone disrespects you just because they had bad experiences with people who are similar to you?
You don't like the way they act but you just stoop to their level by what you did. Again, I appreciate the work but can't really agree with what you did here.
And who knows, they may announce on their website or discord that their releases are delayed but how could we know if we don't check? lol
Nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread