Isekai Ten'i Shita node Cheat o Ikashite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 8 Ch. 29.1 - I've Decided to go Decibatre

Dex-chan lover
ZDQNKF5.png

Double-page supporter
The projectile looks like a bullet, but I don't know how aerodynamic that'll actually be since I'm pretty sure anything that comes out of a sling tumbles end over end in flight.
Yeah, the bullet shape projectile is more sense on crossbow like mechanism.

Dex-chan lover
iirc, the reason was the fit in the leather 'pouch' on the slingshot, rather than any aerodynamics, right?
As I understand, yeah. Did they even have much understanding about aerodynamics in settings like this? At most, I expect that their main consideration would be something that tumbles the least, so it would be more accurate. Keeping pellets in a pouch over bullets/bolts in belt loops should also allow sling users to carry more ammo.

Combat slingshot, and at the size of that weapon, that would explain Sanya's size and physique.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The projectile looks like a bullet, but I don't know how aerodynamic that'll actually be since I'm pretty sure anything that comes out of a sling tumbles end over end in flight.
Out of a sling, yes, just due to the centripetal force imparted on it from the wind up. This is a slingshot, though, which operates through similar mechanics to a bow (storing kinetic energy through elasticity), and slingshots can fire bog standard arrows quite accurately with no modifications.

Granted, that's largely because the fletching and length will auto-stabilize the arrow, so for something like this to work in real life, the bullet would actually need to be shaped more like a mini-torpedo/missile with fins on the back to give it some rotation. Or just have rifling cast into the actual body.

But, in a series like this, all that is taken care of with a subtle application of magic.

Dex-chan lover
i though her weapon is a weird looking staff
but nope, it's a giant sling

Dex-chan lover
As I understand, yeah. Did they even have much understanding about aerodynamics in settings like this? At most, I expect that their main consideration would be something that tumbles the least, so it would be more accurate. Keeping pellets in a pouch over bullets in belt loops should also allow sling users to carry more ammo.

Combat slingshot, and at the size of that weapon, that would explain Sanya's size and physique.
Yes, humans has long had an understanding of aerodynamics. It is why arrows has fletching. etc. Understanding that "light bit with large surface area" has high drag and moves slower in air than the heavy tip (automatically righting your projectile) does not need any complex maths or even knowledge of fluid dynamics, and much like rudders and centerboards were something that could be noticed somewhat easily.
ps: also, by pouch I didn't mena the ammo pouch. I meant the pouch on the slingshot itself, the leather thing attached with elastic cords that you pull on.
Out of a sling, yes, just due to the centripetal force imparted on it from the wind up. This is a slingshot, though, which operates through similar mechanics to a bow (storing kinetic energy through elasticity), and slingshots can fire bog standard arrows quite accurately with no modifications.

Granted, that's largely because the fletching and length will auto-stabilize the arrow, so for something like this to work in real life, the bullet would actually need to be shaped more like a mini-torpedo/missile with fins on the back to give it some rotation. Or just have rifling cast into the actual body.

But, in a series like this, all that is taken care of with a subtle application of magic.
I am fairly sure that slingshots also were often used with "bullets", where the word described an ovoid stone (so not at all like what we usually think of nowadays). And the reason was as simple as "it fits the leather part better, making for a comfortable pull", rather than any additional accuracy inherent to the aerodynamics. Though this is just me guessing (with faint memories of having heard someone on the internet claiming as much ages ago), so don't take that as gospel.

Personally, I think lolis are overused as a concept in manga nowadays. Then there are lolis like Ria and Hesty from My House is a Magic Spot that make me see why lolis are so overused.

This has been a scientific analysis of lolis. You're welcome and have a good day.
As long as they aren't sexualized but cared for and taken care of in a non perverted way.

Dex-chan lover
ps: also, by pouch I didn't mena the ammo pouch. I meant the pouch on the slingshot itself, the leather thing attached with elastic cords that you pull on.
Yes, I understood that. I was getting at the other matter.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, humans has long had an understanding of aerodynamics. It is why arrows has fletching. etc. Understanding that "light bit with large surface area" has high drag and moves slower in air than the heavy tip (automatically righting your projectile) does not need any complex maths or even knowledge of fluid dynamics, and much like rudders and centerboards were something that could be noticed somewhat easily.

I am fairly sure that slingshots also were often used with "bullets", where the word described an ovoid stone (so not at all like what we usually think of nowadays). And the reason was as simple as "it fits the leather part better, making for a comfortable pull", rather than any additional accuracy inherent to the aerodynamics. Though this is just me guessing (with faint memories of having heard someone on the internet claiming as much ages ago), so don't take that as gospel.
You are, for the most part, correct. There is a shred of thought for the aerodynamics, which is why the ends are tapered to a point instead of just using a rod or disk, both of which can be used just as easily but end up losing energy faster or veering off target mid-flight.

Dex-chan lover
WELCOM TO SLINGSHOT CHANNEL. LET ME SHOW YOU ITS FEATURES!
HA HA HA HA HA HA

A dear girl. haha. Shikonokonoko Koshitan- NO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY HEAD GET OUT OF MY-
Shikonokonoko Koshitantan