Isekai Teni Shita node Cheat wo Ika Shite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 4 - I've Decided to Participate in a Defensive Battle

I don't think it was worded well, but the attack on the back can make sense. The belly would have been better, but this appears to be a magic that has to come directly from him, and it would be harder for him to get beneath the Lizard. Here is why the back attack can make sense, though. While it might have slightly thicker "metal" than some other parts, it has a lot of surface area, and more area between the "metal" and the chest/stomach (where the next "metal" part would be). This means that, relative to the overall mass at that point, the "metal" part is "thinner". The back doesn't have support underneath it with thick bones like legs or the skull would have, which makes it a weak point for a forceful blow. So it is mainly about the support behind the armor for the various parts that makes the back weaker.

I also thought he should have tried fireball in the mouth first, though. With the way it was running at him, it looked like it was keeping its mouth open, and would probably need to, in order to breathe, so making the fireball go off in its mouth, scorching its lungs, depleting the oxygen it has, and cooking it from the inside should have been very effective. When something has thick armor, if you can get an attack inside the armor, it normally doesn't have nearly as much resistance.

needs better equipment finds out he needs a metal lizard finds and beats a metal lizard in the next quest which was also obligatory
talk about efficient plot design

Dex-chan lover
Let’s go OP MC, harem, romance, and isekai, all of my favorites! Please continue this great story, you’re doing a great job! :)

Don't worry, Qc/n, I also though it was an Earth dragon base on the previous chapter.

Double-page supporter
I mean.... I'm enjoying this... I want to read more... But Jesus it's shit, giving it a 4/10 at best.

Dex-chan lover
Armor is weakest on it’s back? Where it’s most open? I mean... that doesn’t even make sense. If it can’t defend there, then wouldn’t the armor be the thickest there? What kind of evolution did this thing go through? Author? Hello?

@Darris that's exactly what I was thinking... like what type of monster would have the armor be weakest on its back??? Especially if it cant fly...

It should've been its stomach.

use earth magic to summon stone pillar, flipping the monster and then stab the belly

I know he's comparing it to a tank, so the back armor being weaker might make sense there, although the belly/bottom would have been the safer/more logical choice if going by armor. However, that doesn't really matter. With 9000 mana put into a single armor-piercing attack, he probably would've been fine shooting it from the front.

the other monsters and adventurers: guess we will wait here for 15+ minutes, take your time.

@Temaraire "pressure" has evverything to do with impacts tho. Or more importantly the transfer of momentum onto the target. The faster the round the greater damge it does. Similary with the mass.
um modern shells like APFSDS(the one the mc used) rely on speed, aerodynamics and material density to punch through armor, and pressure is a just a byproduct of the shell trying to shove itself into the armor.

Users who are viewing this thread