Isekai Ten'ishita Node Cheat wo Ikashite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - I've Decided To Take A Quest

Group Leader
If nobody gonna say this, then i will be the first! CLICHÉ POOP!

Like... if you are in another world then you will not gonna expose everything about you to a random person.

In chapter 1.1, didn't it say that he regenerates 10% of his MP per minute? Why does it say 1 out of 1000 here?

Dex-chan lover
Why is a n00b trying to teach a master craftsman about crafting? Using some slight Japanese sword logic without knowing the context... the "modern man knows a lot of useful skills for ancient times" things just feels dumb if you think about it. We have way too many conveniences given to us... it felt both unnecessary and pretentious...

Fed-Kun's army
im glad that the serialization was confirmed and it has good art and the story could grow with time so overall im excited

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock I'm pretty sure what he said to the blacksmith was a technique developed in europe by accident as it's actually a very simple but effective one. Anyone who's a little bit interested in medieval history/culture could chance upon this information. Some of my mates learned about it from a game called kingdom come deliverance lul. But it is interesting how such a simple technique isn't widespread when dwarves exist and such.

Romans and early Greeks knew how to temper steel by heating and quenching. If the dwarf didn't know that, they're really backwards in technology... or the author just thought he came up with something smart and forgot to do some basic reasearch. :p

Dex-chan lover
So a blacksmith didn't know about heating and cooling metal really? I mean come on now either he is a master craftsman or he isn't author. Like I can believe them not having katanas since they were made because of shitty quality of ores but come on now. That's a really basic technique you're claiming a blacksmith confident enough to open a shop doesn't know.

Double-page supporter
fold fold and fold XD but that's for poor iron quality

He kinda looks like hayato shacho
And kinda want to throw some money hmmm....

@Saxit
"Around the middle of the eleventh century the Greeks themselves may have begun making iron swords, knives, daggers and pins, from local ores (Snodgrass 197I: 221 sqq.). For the time being iron did not yet surpass bronze in all respects. The hardness of the entire objects was often less than that of bronze objects, and the toughness of later steel objects was unknown as yet. For about one or two centuries no great technological progress seems to have been made. It is with new techniques – quenching, and piling together thin laminations of carburized iron – that the quality of iron (steel) objects increases in such a way as to make a lasting impact on technology (it is not known how early the technique of tempering became known; Wootz steel and pattern-welded true damascene steel [Coghlan 1956: I55–65] were not yet fabricated by the Greeks)."
it progresses very slowly and not everyone has the same speed.
Besides, even nowadays we have problems with the quality of the metal produced (when we buy it cheap in a country that does not bother to sell their shit)
I know someone who works for Alstom, on a Chinese dam and he was later called on other hydroelectric dams (copies of the one he had made) which was not supervised by them and the problem he had was the lack of quality of the metal and the precision of the finish.

@Lioslin
@deathmailrock

It is important to know that knowledge is lost regularly throughout history and that techniques are well-kept secrets
moreover in the middle ages many weapons and armor had no heat treatment, or control of carbon concentration, there was no standard, yet some knew how to do it, but others did not know or have forgotten for one reason or another
Maybe his master only made weapons and armor for people who did not have the financial means (and yes it is more expensive, because there is more work, more resources and the technique is harder to master, especially without a thermometer and above all the technique is different for each type of weapon, or piece of armor, because you are not looking for the same hardness, nor the same depth of hardness, carbon concentration and depth of the concentration)
and he therefore never worked for nobles and therefore did not need to know how to make weapons of a superior quality (even among the nobles some were too poor to have the best thing)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chappy!

Techniques might be hidden amongst regions and groups of smiths, since this is also a fantasy world, it’s probably easier to use a stronger fantasy metal than try to enhance basic iron equipment.

Double-page supporter
Wow, I'm overwhelmed with the genericness of this series.
Sufficiently boring sofar.

why'd he bring up tempering out of the blue? people knew about tempering and quenching since before the middle ages

Users who are viewing this thread