Isekai Tensei... Sareteneee! - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
"If you try to kill someone you should try apologizing first!"

Assuming this sentence was properly translated, WTF IS WRONG WITH THE BRAIN OF THIS AUTHOR???

@Hoezell same kind of bullshit as MC apologizing to the girl for "not telling her everything", when he has, and still is trying to keep his identity and what he can do a secret from others. She followed him around whilst knowing that, essentially ignoring his need and want for privacy. But HE apologized when he was wronged in that scenario.

Same as many other MC's, who don't see anything wrong with telling everyone else basically everything they know, everything about themselves, including secrets, while the other party tells him nothing, or the equivalent of close to nothing, compared to what the MC gives in information, like that's exactly how it should be, for some weird reason.

Aggregator gang
@Hoezell Japan is culturally retarded, I don't mean that as an insult, but as the truth of the matter. Even this sentence, 'Lust and malice seem to be rare amongst the strong', is so unbelievably retarded that anyone with any understanding of human nature would be spinning their head from hearing that said unironically.

This is far too prevalent across many Japanese series to be some sort of trend or intentional decision amongst authors, some hide it well, but even serious seinen manga sometimes have bafflingly naive views on how humanity acts. Basically, Japan has a critically low understanding of human nature, which is sometimes a blessing as it provides some creative works, but also a curse most of the time because a lot of their works feel juvenile even when they are trying to be serious.

I feel the real problem with this story is that the MC is a passive hero. He doesn't have any goals. All the things happening to him is because he happened to help a cat deity than happened to pass by the mc who happened to be from a different world with powers. He is just reacting at people attacking him with a flustered mild confusion and repeat. All while doesn't connect things/events together and rather stay oblivious with his surroundings till something else has to actively interact with him.

Imagine having the gal to called a whole country retarded.
By analyzing their culture problem "based" on their niche subculture, in a niche genre.
You can't make this up.

Fed-Kun's army
@bladestorm91
WHat kind of manga have you been reading?
Because I can decimate your statement by just naming one series. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.
And just for your information, this is NOT the only example I can give, I can Keep throwing these at you one after another.
I chose this one because it's the antithesis to the "Lust and malice seem to be rare amongst the strong" quote,

And by the way, the statement is NOT wrong, Lust and Malice are indeed rare among the really strong. You see, the thing here is that he is not using the word Strong in it's literal sense.
Because MCs strength can't be quantified yet, he's using the word strong in a more phylosophical sense. That strengh doesn't come just from being physically strong.
And the "strong" are the ones who don't fall for temptations,which is why Lust and Malice is rare among them.

Now the historical kind of strong you guys have been using as an exemple, they were merely "physically" strong(as in strong in the physical realm), they only had a lot of strength or charisma, these are heroes or villains of the past such as Lu bu, unparalleled in combat but weak in wisdom which led him to be corrupted by the teachings of his cancer of an adoptive father. Or any famous conqueror of the past whatsoever, your Gengis Khans, Alexanders, and so on.
It should be obvious by now that the Japanese favors figure of speech over actual words in their literal sense, because many manga shows exactly this. People laugh at many Fate quotes, but not a single of them is actually wrong or comedic in nature. One example is, "People die when they are Killed", which is only funny when taken out of context, and read in it's literal sense.

But in fact, this quote was said when Shirou was questioned whether to keep Avalon within himself, therefore he answered:
"People die when they are Killed." Meaning "I don't want to be something more than a person, I want to die when killed, I want to die as a human."
As Avalon would keep regenerating his body no matter the trauma he suffered.

Double-page supporter
@bladestorm91
Poor representation of human nature in media is not by any means unique to japanese works. It only feels like it because you probably consume a disproportionate amount of japanese media. If you doubt me go watch some mexican soaps. You also have to keep in mind that a very high percentage of manga are aimed at young boys around 9-15. If you were reading american content aimed at that demographic it would probably come across as immature, just like you.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Shiro, just wanted to have some fun.
The bird is my favorite character.

Rant in the spoiler about previous comments.
A lot of the previous comments obviously don't comprehend that this was translated into English. It wasn't localized. Meaning the phrases and tones were translated more literally.
For example the line 'If you try to kill someone you should try apologizing first!'
it's saying something more like 'after you try to kill someone you should be remorseful, not spout random words /continue to be agressive'
I pity some of the users on MD.
They seem to forget we get this content for free from amazing teams who do their best to translate. It isn't always perfect/localized.
Whatever, I suppose they live their lives just the same. How sad. /endrant

Users who are viewing this thread