Isekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Just collecting wild herbs it might be hard to guarantee consistent quality and taste. He should better cultivate those deliberately, which comes with its own problems though.

...also Miinya is precious :hearts:
I agree with the Miinya statement.

The wild herbs he picks are consistent in quality due to his appraisal skill; his skill helps him in seeing which herbs are worth picking or not. Cultivating them could be an answer to his upcoming problem which is the quantity, the place he picks herbs from will eventually run out. This could also help his community by giving them jobs.

Dex-chan lover
Minya is adorable and hilarious.

Worried for the mental health of their father figure since a 5 year old just earned his entire income digging plants out of the grass. I have encountered men in real life who would probably kill themselves and their entire family if this happened. But, luckily (hopefully), this is not that genre and the author won't swerve into insanity.

So now, I am waiting for next chapter where we find out what they spend the money on. A better house? Savings? An upgraded clinic? An education for the kids? A feast? New clothes? I am more invested in this BS than I should be.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, a merchant who didn't instantly skimp and screw over the slum kids when he smelt profit?
Count me surprised.
This feels like commentary on something, but I’m not sure what
Reminds me of the Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck, where he attempts to sell "cheap firewood", but then switches to "Luxury Peat, Impress your collegues. Expensive as hell".
And both are just stuff he picks up from the moors...

Dex-chan lover
Finally, a real money maker, time to invest and improve living standard even more, we're getting the slum developed with this one!
He might even become a Slum King! No wait, that doesn't sound right. Slum Lord! ahh.. Maybe not that one either...

Slumdog Millionaire! .... I'll stop now.

Dex-chan lover
This feels like commentary on something, but I’m not sure what
Soy and coconut oil dyed with bean and blueberry juice at twice the price of beef.
ozF5nmd.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Soy and coconut oil dyed with bean and blueberry juice at twice the price of beef.
ozF5nmd.jpg
To be fair, those are sold as specialty products, meat for people who want to eat meat but can't/won't.

Personally, I think people who give up eating meat should not be allowed to eat substitute meat. If you're giving up meat, you should be giving up steak, burgers, sausages, etc; getting non-meat versions of those things tell me you don't actually want to give up meat at all.

Dex-chan lover
not sure they can gather this many tea leaves this often, but i'm kinda happy for the kid to have mad some money for the family. heartwarming :)

Dex-chan lover
I've also seen some lunatics talk about and i shit you not "Hydrogenless water" as an "healthy alternative" to regular water (people who've moderately paid attention in chemistry class know that hydrogenless water is kinda impossible).
Sure you don't have that backwards? Hydrogen-rich water is a thing, and it's marketed as a healthy alternative to regular water, but never heard of hydrogen-less water.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, those are sold as specialty products, meat for people who want to eat meat but can't/won't.

Personally, I think people who give up eating meat should not be allowed to eat substitute meat. If you're giving up meat, you should be giving up steak, burgers, sausages, etc; getting non-meat versions of those things tell me you don't actually want to give up meat at all.
I wholeheartedly disagree. People with tick borne Alpha Gal syndrome don't deserve to be deprived of Red Meat Flavors/textures. Despite those products having really bad textures in comparison. They need something to eat.

And I don't know about them getting a ton of envy, even with the genre of the story. I'm sure they'll have some issues, but the family runs essentially a free clinic. Their neighbors totally know they could be ruthless and charge them doctor fees.

Dex-chan lover
It was a good thing that the person they approached was a good business man and didn't rip them off since they're just kids and are from the slums, otherwise they might need a new way to sell herbs.

Since it looks like the quality of life of MC's family is going up, I wonder if he's eventually going to improve the quality of life for the people in slums too.
The merchant being willing to transact with children from the slums was a good starting sign, but I agree they're still lucky since he still paid the kids a kinda-large sum (dunno how the profits were shared, but at least they saw silver coins for the first time).
This is "heaven slum" where "the people work hard equally and will forge together to prosperity through education, industry, and honesty."

Even the nobles and the slum dwellers co-exist here without violence. Well, if you want the opposite you can read Re:Build World.
I don't remember if the manga clarified it but, though you can call this a slum, it's not the best word to describe it. It's actually a refugee camp from a recent war that receives, a mild amount of, support from the kingdom. It's not an abandoned and isolated section where they throw people they consider lesser for predators to move in and take advantage of them.

Dex-chan lover
Tea, maybe?
Correct answer.

From the hands of Indians ( the ones who died for it in West Indies ) they won't sell.

BUT at the stores of the fat Bretons, it is worth GOLD.

I agree with the Miinya statement.

The wild herbs he picks are consistent in quality due to his appraisal skill; his skill helps him in seeing which herbs are worth picking or not. Cultivating them could be an answer to his upcoming problem which is the quantity, the place he picks herbs from will eventually run out. This could also help his community by giving them jobs.
PLUS I don't want growing WEEDS on my turf. It may be gold, but it will be like an open gold chest.

Users who are viewing this thread