Isekai Tensei Slum Machi kara no Nariagari - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, those are sold as specialty products, meat for people who want to eat meat but can't/won't.

Personally, I think people who give up eating meat should not be allowed to eat substitute meat. If you're giving up meat, you should be giving up steak, burgers, sausages, etc; getting non-meat versions of those things tell me you don't actually want to give up meat at all.
They ARE lying to themselves. Well, the rich always do that.

Dex-chan lover
It was a good thing that the person they approached was a good business man and didn't rip them off since they're just kids and are from the slums, otherwise they might need a new way to sell herbs.

Since it looks like the quality of life of MC's family is going up, I wonder if he's eventually going to improve the quality of life for the people in slums too.
Soon enough there would be a fortress at the front, ballistae at the corners, and a stone castle right smack in the middle, just because... ISEKAI. Like that lord isekai boy.

Dex-chan lover
Soy and coconut oil dyed with bean and blueberry juice at twice the price of beef.
ozF5nmd.jpg
Those foods are toxic mind you - they smell like KEROSENE when you open it. In fact you can light them up!

Dex-chan lover
Okay, that's kinda cute and interesting as a intro story is concerned. Lets see where this series takes us!
As always, thank you for the chapter and great work.

Dex-chan lover
I really thought that is what he was doing, when he asked to "look at how the tea was made".

hopefully they make some kind of deal where he (or if there's a bank or guild, that) keeps their money and they just keep a record/ledger of what is essentially debt-IOU's with a designated recipient and labeled as not tradeable. Then they could use this "tab" to purchase things they need from his shop, or make some kind of withdrawal if they ever need to buy things from elsewhere.

Why would he want to do that? Well, besides the goodness of his heart (he seems sympathetic), it is also a good idea to try and not endanger your supplier of some specific high-class good you are making lots of money from. And lastly, it also highly encourages all that money to be reused in his own store (same reason stores have their points-systems).

Surely they meant the shopkeeper guy's ...surely?
Some guys click into here thinking it's one of their Pervy Mangas.
Then you have the literal pedophile up there.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually a refugee camp from a recent war
This is what caught my attention, too. They don't look like hopeless people who experienced generations of systemic neglect, their condition is still a fairly recent development, they remember better times and are willing to go back.
The adults seem like good people wanting to live decent lives and they intend to teach their kids the value of labor. The locals are (still) sympathetic to their plight, seeing the resolve of the refugees, but probably hoping for the problem to go away quickly. And things could get better - depending on economic prospects.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, the writing looks to be basically kana-only Japanese with the characters replaced by their romaji counterparts (superimposed so it's still "one character", and doubled in the case of the singular N).

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, the writing looks to be basically kana-only Japanese with the characters replaced by their romaji counterparts (superimposed so it's still "one character", and doubled in the case of the singular N).
You mean the local language in the story? Oh yeah!! How the hell did you see that?! Good spot.

Dex-chan lover
You mean the local language in the story? Oh yeah!! How the hell did you see that?! Good spot.
I think it started from noticing the letters on the sign in pages 7 and 15 being kinda wonky-but-familiar, and solidified when I noticed the words on the bottle label in page 21 - "tiyou koukiyuu kenkou tiya" (this being one of the non-hepburn romajizations where instead of "chi" they type "ti"), which looks like it'd translate to "high quality health tea" (not sure if the word "herbal" was only present in the dialogue, or the scanlators' own addition).

Dex-chan lover
I've also seen some lunatics talk about and i shit you not "Hydrogenless water" as an "healthy alternative" to regular water (people who've moderately paid attention in chemistry class know that hydrogenless water is kinda impossible).
under exotic circumstances, technically, you could have He2O if you can somehow have Muons exist outside of some infantismal fraction of a second.

it would be more poisonous then Ditritium Oxide though.
This ain't real money. Real you esss dee smells like cocain
thats the secret, the value isnt the paper, but the cocaine starched into the paper.
Sure you don't have that backwards? Hydrogen-rich water is a thing, and it's marketed as a healthy alternative to regular water, but never heard of hydrogen-less water.
weirdly that shit is special. its actually healthy for you because its had the majority of deuterium and tritium removed from it so its lighter then water, although if that is enough to make a meaningful difference to your health i honestly wish you rapid recovery in your ICU wardroom. its expensive because the places that manufacture Heavy Water for NPP cooling loops are essentially selling you their tiny supply of reclaimable trash

Users who are viewing this thread